CBR1100XX.org Forum

Fuel Pressure Regulator - source - install question

ag90fox

I've been stupid, and let my '02 1100xx sit for about 6 months for no good reason. Finally replaced the battery, it had to crank for about a minute before it sputtered to life, and took it around the block to see how it ran. Upon returning to my garage, the bike is pumping out what looks to be white/grey smoke from both tail pipes. Did some searches and found some recommendations about the FPR being a possible problem from sitting too long.

Even if it's not the ultimate problem, I thought I might replace the FPR as a first step, and replace it just to replace it (saw some people claiming it helped restore performance to closer to how it was when new).

Most of the posts I found were over a year old, and some of the sites I went to I couldn't find the FPR (maybe not searching under the right name/number).

Can someone ID the part number for the FPR, or recommend a source for an aftermarket FPR?

Also, I'm a decent wrencher, never got past adjusting valves on an older sport bike, and don't have time to disassemble a bike these days....is the FPR a reasonable DIY job?

Thanks,

Joe

San Antonio

I would do more than take it around the block. Put 20 solid miles on it before doing any diagnostics (unless its running really poorly). Get some fresh gas and seafoam through the injectors and then see what its doing.

The FPR is about as simple a swap as it gets. You'll spend more time containing/cleaning up the spilled gas than changing the unit.