CBR1100XX.org Forum

SOLD

The one I rode didn't do that.. might have been the ugly green color :icon_twisted:

good luck with the sale.. They are nice bikes, I was really impressed with the brakes. Talk about stopping *NOW* power.

The brakes, the suspension, quite frankly the whole package pretty much kicks ass. The thing has such a stupid amount of power. Its just nuts. It pulls as hard at 140 as my tweaked up XX did at 90, I swear. The only real beef I had with the bike was minor ergonomic unhappiness, and the bar risers and lower pegs pretty much solved it.

BUT.. for whatever reason I'm just not riding it that much. Bikes are weird that way, some stir you up, some don't so much. I've been having a blast riding my WR450 and KTM200 in the woods this year. Nearly all my road riding has been on my 85 hp norge, and for whatever reason I love that damn thing.

Who knows.. for sure I have bike ADD and probably always will. I realize its no longer the selling season, and I aint giving it away. Hopefully a trade comes along as thats always the best for all involved. I've been working on a trade for a 2011 KTM 990 SMR.... we'll see.

The one I rode didn't do that.. might have been the ugly green color :icon_twisted:

good luck with the sale.. They are nice bikes, I was really impressed with the brakes. Talk about stopping *NOW* power.

The brakes, the suspension, quite frankly the whole package pretty much kicks ass. The thing has such a stupid amount of power. Its just nuts. It pulls as hard at 140 as my tweaked up XX did at 90, I swear. The only real beef I had with the bike was minor ergonomic unhappiness, and the bar risers and lower pegs pretty much solved it.

BUT.. for whatever reason I'm just not riding it that much. Bikes are weird that way, some stir you up, some don't so much. I've been having a blast riding my WR450 and KTM200 in the woods this year. Nearly all my road riding has been on my 85 hp norge, and for whatever reason I love that damn thing.

Who knows.. for sure I have bike ADD and probably always will. I realize its no longer the selling season, and I aint giving it away. Hopefully a trade comes along as thats always the best for all involved. I've been working on a trade for a 2011 KTM 990 SMR.... we'll see.

Co-worker had a garage full of ducati's and lives on one of the best roads in VA. He had his fun and now has a lone st3. He would rather throw his leg over one of his on/off road bikes and go ride some trails.

Ride what you enjoy the most.

• 2 weeks later...
BUT.. for whatever reason I'm just not riding it that much.... I've been having a blast riding my WR450 and KTM200 in the woods this year.

I had a blast last weekend on my WR450 as well... rode about 70 or 80 miles total, 60ish miles above timberline on steep rocky 4 wheeldrive trails, and 10+ miles of .... Severly rough rocky climbs. So severe infact that... I did not see a single bike on those roads... even passed a Jeep with 40's that crushed his oil pan on a rock, just to give you an idea of how insane it was. My point is.. I had a blast..

With that said...

If you Are Looking for Something that Gives you That Kind of Insane Fun on the Street.... Go test ride a Speed Triple... or a Super Duke!

(I really want one, but.... well... I have other prioreties, that need attention, first)

R.C. and I did that last year, the test ride thingy... then he went home and bought a Speed Triple...

Needless to say... I don't think he rides his Bird much anymore. :icon_twisted:

I had a blast last weekend on my WR450 as well... rode about 70 or 80 miles total, 60ish miles above timberline on steep rocky 4 wheeldrive trails, and 10+ miles of .... Severly rough rocky climbs. So severe infact that... I did not see a single bike on those roads... even passed a Jeep with 40's that crushed his oil pan on a rock, just to give you an idea of how insane it was. My point is.. I had a blast..

With that said...

If you Are Looking for Something that Gives you That Kind of Insane Fun on the Street.... Go test ride a Speed Triple... or a Super Duke!

(I really want one, but.... well... I have other prioreties, that need attention, first)

R.C. and I did that last year, the test ride thingy... then he went home and bought a Speed Triple...

Needless to say... I don't think he rides his Bird much anymore. :icon_twisted:

I have to haul my WR at least a couple hours for good riding, so I'm jealous of you! If I had easy access to what you're describing I'd do it weekly or more.

A properly uncorked/jetted 450 is an absolute kick in the ass to ride. I had been riding a DRZ400 for the last 4 years and my brother in law got a WR426. I rode it and had a WR450 in the shed in a week. What a riot. I plan to drag my 450 out to the Black Hills this weekend, and that is primo riding. 5000 miles of trails from easy ATV/ fire roads to nasty single track.

I agree on the Super Duke. That or maybe a Super Enduro, or KTM Super Moto is what I eventually hope to end up with.

Well I finally got the picture I wanted to show you, so here you go...

This was shot on Top of Red Cone... 12,801'... I believe. This was the trail that almost kicked my ass... that I didn't see another single bike on all day.

(ya, I'm lucky I guess to live where I do..)

ps. look closely at the Trail Zig Zagging up the hill in the backgropund... that ones called Radical Hill... for a reason.

post-726-1347399431.jpg

Oh.. and here's a group photo... yes they all rode 4 wheelers to the top... (panzees)

post-726-1347399488.jpg

Well I finally got the picture I wanted to show you, so here you go...

This was shot on Top of Red Cone... 12,801'... I believe. This was the trail that almost kicked my ass... that I didn't see another single bike on all day.

(ya, I'm lucky I guess to live where I do..)

ps. look closely at the Trail Zig Zagging up the hill in the backgropund... that ones called Radical Hill... for a reason.

post-726-1347399431.jpg

Oh.. and here's a group photo... yes they all rode 4 wheelers to the top... (panzees)

post-726-1347399488.jpg

Awesome! You need a riding partner ;)

Awesome! You need a riding partner ;)

Yes I DO... and preferably one that can at least get close to staying with me... That would be really nice. (I really hate having to stop every 15-20 minutes to wait 15 or 20 minutes for people to catch up. but oh well...)

Know of any ?

... :icon_twisted:

If you ever make it out this way... plan ahead, and let me know, I would love to show you around a little.

Oh and the Super Duke then... just my opinion. The Super Motards and Enduros are to uncomfortable to be serious street-able bikes. :icon_biggrin:

• 2 weeks later...