CBR1100XX.org Forum

Replacement radiator...sources?

Zero Knievel

A replacement one from Honda would be $586.73.

Any leads on where to get a new or "like new" one for a lot less.

Existing one has been patched before and seems to have held fine, but at a sacrifice of cooling effectiveness (had to seal the vents around the leak). I can have it re-tested this winter, but I might just opt to replace it if I can find a excellent condition one for cheap.

A replacement one from Honda would be $586.73.

Any leads on where to get a new or "like new" one for a lot less.

Existing one has been patched before and seems to have held fine, but at a sacrifice of cooling effectiveness (had to seal the vents around the leak). I can have it re-tested this winter, but I might just opt to replace it if I can find a excellent condition one for cheap.

When I dropped my '97 XX 4 years ago, the radiator took a direct hit and was almost torn in two. The local Honda stealerships wanted about US$1200 for an OEM item and I wasn't prepared to pay that. I took the bits to a local fab guy who makes race radiators for the trackday market, and he fabbed it from scratch, tanks and all for around US$400. The radiator matrix he used looks about 1 1/2 times thicker than OEM, and the fan has never come on even standing in traffic in mid summer. A fab guy may be an option if you can find one.