CBR1100XX.org Forum

Anybody ever lose tools out of the tool bag under the seat?

XXitanium

I took the seat up to lock my helmet the other evening. I noticed the bag is open.

I need to fix that. Does anyone have any input? I did see the under-seat rubbermade "glove box".

I remember threads on the NOS rubber-band "strap" too.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Separate topic I had to change fuses on the kids 900F the other day. It didn't come with a tool kit. Man those things are spendy.

....there is one going currently for about $17 right now, but here were a couple of the other listings

SOHC kit and an OEM glove box.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Honda-CB75...e98&vxp=mtr

http://www.ebay.com/itm/110868900972?ssPag...984.m1423.l2649

nice model holding the cb125 tool kit! gotta wonder how's the face...

i'd think the tool kits are relatively bike specific. although you're looking at the right brand, i'd try to get model specific or just replace any tools missing from yours with something from flaps (friendly local auto parts store) unless you're determined to stay original. of course, you could look at the aftermarket kits as well.

as for the bird's oem strap, a heavy duty rubber band or small bungee should do. i keep a cargo net, some bungees, a tire plug kit and co2 inflation kit wrapped in a plastic bag under the seat near the tail light. being wrapped up in something kind of compressible helps to keep things in place.

i'm now gonna spend some quality "me time" with that model pic... ha ha!

I lost the majority of my toolkit on the road riding on a rough surface. Only noticed the next time I lifted the seat to clean the bike that the toolbag looked like a used condom. I have a 27mm and 22mm ring spanner, and a reasonable plug socket on a universal, so the loss wasn't more than an annoyance. I haven't used the bike tools on a trip on any of my Hondas - the tools on my Suzuki GT125/185/250 and 550 were almost worn out by the time I dumped the bikes.

nice model holding the cb125 tool kit! gotta wonder how's the face...

i'm now gonna spend some quality "me time" with that model pic... ha ha!

May want to check out his other items. I have an urge to by an ignition and bottom end now.

• 9 months later...