CBR1100XX.org Forum

WTB red body set

Just purchased '01 red Bird that looked great until I discovered the panel repair, missing lugs, and general fubar stuff hidden under the pretty red paint. Need nose piece, and would like the lowers- OEM , used- would be great; I'm open to any offering on this subject. Scott

• 3 weeks later...
So how bad ARE the chinese body kits? Are they not up to snuff due to misalignments of holes, inferior plastic strength, crappy paint??

Never used a set on a XX, but a friend got a kit for his busa. It has some minor alignment issues, I think we had to make 2 holes slightly larger. The plastic is a bit thinner and the heat shielding isn't nearly as good. Adding more heat shielding close to the engine/pipes is a good idea. Paint quality isn't quite as good as factory but was much better than we expected.

I opened the box on the one I have and looks pretty good. It's not factory, but if you put the body parts on next to factory, you can see the difference. But, only a owner of one would know if it was all on a bike, that it was not original. Or care for that matter.

I will shoot some pictures this afternoon.

If someone wants me to I can mount it, so when you get it it will not need anything to fit.