CBR1100XX.org Forum

FI light too!

pdsw60

Help please. Cleaned up my 03 with 12,000 miles on her. I was headed out for about a 200 mile trip. Got about 25 miles from home and the FI light came on. I pulled over and shut the bike off, let it sit for about 30 seconds and started it back up, light was off. Headed back home and light came back on. The bike was running fine, the only thing I noticed was when the light was on it was idling about 250 rpms higher. The light will now come on about a minute after a start up now. Thanks in advance.

Nearly the same exact problem here. Before you shut down your bike next time, put your kick stand down in neutral and wait for the FI light to start blinking. Count the long blinks and short blinks and get back on here. Mine has 2 long, 5 short, which is supposively a faulty knock sensor.

Nearly the same exact problem here. Before you shut down your bike next time, put your kick stand down in neutral and wait for the FI light to start blinking. Count the long blinks and short blinks and get back on here. Mine has 2 long, 5 short, which is supposively a faulty knock sensor.

BTW... mine is also an 03, and just turned 13000 miles the other day.