CBR1100XX.org Forum

Has anybody fitted a Scorpion exaust????

Wombat'sxx

Hey guy's , was just lookin into scorpion exausts as i have the oportunity to buy a set at a good price( the guy sold his bird and the buyer wanted stock pipes) but didnt want to blow the dough if they werent worth it, he of course reckons they are great , but he is tryin to sell them!!!!!!!!

i checked out thier web site but i think any personal comments are better.

any info would be appreciated

Wombat'sxx

I recently put twin scorpion slip-ons on my 98. They looked great and fit well. My only "wish" was that they were a little louder. They still had a nice growl to them when gettin' on it. Just make sure you order new exhaust gaskets for them. The old ones usually stick inside the old pipes and don't come out easily. Scorpion doesn't include them.

The Erion single pipe I had on my other XX was a lot louder. That was my favorite pipe for a Japanese bike. Used to have a Ducati with Arrow slip-ons. Those baby's would set off car alarms when downshifting from 2nd-1st gear.

Okay, probably a dumb question, but if I'm going to go with aftermarket pipes I need to pick up a set of OEM exhaust gaskets to go in the new pipes?

Also, atm I'm torn between the Yoshi's and the Scorpions. Other than sound, is there any reason you guys would recommend one over the other? Er, I guess price is a factor as well, parts411 seems to have the Yoshi's for a competitive price. Thanks.

Mike

Mike, yes you will need two new exhaust gaskets. They are the cheapest at Ronayers.com. I had the Yosh Zyclone RS-3's on my ZX9R and did not like them (too quiet). I have the Yosh carbon race pipes (slip-ons) on my 03 Hayabusa and really like that sound. I also had the Scorpion stainless slip-ons on my 98 CBR1100 and thought they sounded good. It is a close call in my opinion. I think the Scorpions are a tad quieter. It depends on what you are looking for...

Steve