CBR1100XX.org Forum

Neutral switch - dash light dims till finally quits.

LowFlyerXX

Hey peeps!

about a year ago, my 98 developed strange thing. when cold, everything is fine, as the bike warms, the neutral light on dashboard starts to fliker finally goes out competely in a few more miles.. Then, even when for sure I am in neutral, it does not come on, thus making starting harder - even with a fully (maybe couple of times) depressed clutch lever..

Also, when it starts "acting" up, about 3-4 miles warm up, then if I stop, and lean the bike on side stand, it may come back on, to full brightness.. Well, lately, it only takes a mile or so of riding, and it does not come on at all.. I have to let the bike cool down almost completely, then it functions normally..

I suspect switch on the L/S of crank by the shifter??? Any suggestions, comments helpful advices????

Please??

Also, I am thinking about selling this bike - got my eyes going all different directions though...

Happy scooting, rubber side down!!!!

Maybe the "circuit board" back of the instrument cluster where the bulb socket spins on and off. Could be the circuit part flattens out with the heat and doesn't make good contact.

I had that happen on the '97 where the bulb would not light in one socket, but would in another. Bent the tabs on the socket a little for better contact and poof it worked again. Easy check at least...

Maybe the "circuit board" back of the instrument cluster where the bulb socket spins on and off. Could be the circuit part flattens out with the heat and doesn't make good contact.

I had that happen on the '97 where the bulb would not light in one socket, but would in another. Bent the tabs on the socket a little for better contact and poof it worked again. Easy check at least...

Thank you..

The only weird thing is, that this happens ONLY as the bike warms up. In my "silly" thinking, if it was electrical problem at the cluster, it should be all the time?!?!? Or the ground.. hhhmmm, anyway, thanks a lot for input, I will check both anyway, you never know !!!

ciao