CBR1100XX.org Forum

Red 2001 CBR1100XX 14k Miles SOLD!!!

area code 815 is metro Chicago

Close, but no. 815 covers most of northern IL except the metro area and the surrounding suburbs.

I found my answer on the interweb. Everything on the interwebz is truth. :icon_cool:

I don't know where YOU found YOUR answer :icon_snooty:

area code 815 is metro Chicago

Close, but no. 815 covers most of northern IL except the metro area and the surrounding suburbs.

I found my answer on the interweb. Everything on the interwebz is truth. :icon_cool:

I don't know where YOU found YOUR answer :icon_snooty:

Sorry, bike is located in Oswego Il (about an hour west of Chicago).

Also has the rear view mirror extensions I see. Does that make a big difference? I sat on a CBR at the local shop and did not really notice an impairment, but since i did not ride it, I could not notice the practical aspects of it. Do you recommend that mod? Thanks.

Upate: Belay that last. Been looking at the for sale section and I guess that is not a modded mirror. Only saw a black one up close so i thought there was an additional extension on your beautiful red bike. Sorry.

WELCOME..If i didnt already have dos xx's i would make the trip for this one.. its not a bad trip either,i picked up my second one there ,great road trip too.. severn md

WELCOME..If i didnt already have dos xx's i would make the trip for this one.. its not a bad trip either,i picked up my second one there ,great road trip too.. severn md

Trying to look at one in Severna Park as well. Are you near there?

Trying to look at one in Severna Park as well. Are you near there?

Yes i m about 15 minutes from severna park, let me know ,maybe i can give it a peek.

Any oil leaking from the rear balance shaft?

I don't think so, where exactly are you talking about, I can check to make sure.

Not trying to worrying you. If it was leaking you'd know by now.

Both of my 01's leaked from this shaft and it wasn't a

bad leak and only leaked about a quarter size drop after

a spirited ride....it never leaked enough to concern me

about it affecting the engine, just more of an annoyance.

How difficult is it to put the bike back to stock height?

I'm familiar with the mod he used to drop it. Shouldn't take more than 10-15 minutes to put it back. You just have to put the bike on the centerstand, remove the triangular linkage plates at the bottom of the shock (3 bolts) and return them to the stock position.

BTW, WTF is with the "Fiona" handle?

Have stock parts (windscreen, seat, exhaust)?

How difficult is it to put the bike back to stock height?

I only have the stock turn signal lenses and I think the reservoir caps, I don't have the rest of the stock parts. It doesn't take long at all to raise the back up as described above. The bike actually sits level now with just the driver and barely squats with a passenger (as opposed to the back end higher with just the driver and level with the passenger).