CBR1100XX.org Forum

Gauging interest 08 ZX-14 Midnight Saphire Blue

I am looking to gauge interest in my Zx. Looking to move to a different style of bike (Wing) so wife and I can cruise around. I bought it new and have changed the oil at 50, 250 and 500. Current mileage is @850. Yes low miles because I am a gear nazi and when its hot I dont ride plus hate carting all the gear around with me. Additionally the position hurts my hip. Bike has never been down.

Has the following mods:

Fender Eliminator w/LED

Brake/clutch fluid changed to Super Blue

Cox Radiator Guard

ZX-10 front fender, original fender available

Brocks StreetMeg w/ noise plug

Passenger pegs removed but available

pc3 / Brocks maps

Puig DBL windscreen, Original available

Tires upgraded to Pilot Powers

Also has delrin rear mounts for rear stand, I forget the specific brand. Purchased from Cycle Gear.

Cheers

K

post-670-1315868806.jpg

Yes I changed the tires when I purchased the bike from the OEM ones to Pilot Powers. Yep @850 miles because the riding position hurts my hip. Plus hauling my gear around is a pain in the butt and not being about to take the wife on it kind of shifted my priorities a bit. Bike has been well maintained just not ridden.

As far as a starting figured, that is kind of why I through it out here, although with this group I should know better because I will get things like "five bucks". :D I am wondering if say $7K is too high a figure?

Cheers

K

Seeing as you have owned both the zx and the xx how do they compare in rider position ?

I have owned 3 birds :) I have tried to switch to other bikes but always come back lol

My only gripe with going back to a xx is most are over 10 years old now and its hard to know if they were well cared for.

In my opinion, the rider position is very close, however that being said when I rode my 'bird my hip did not hurt as much as it does when I ride the Zx. So I would give the nod to the 'bird in that regard.

Cheers

K

how about power wise ? I guess I could go look up 0-60's :) but I am lazy lol

btw I am in burnet tx and if you are still in Round Rock we are almost neighbors

In my opinion, the rider position is very close, however that being said when I rode my 'bird my hip did not hurt as much as it does when I ride the Zx. So I would give the nod to the 'bird in that regard.

Cheers

K

Power wise, Z14 all the way. Runs like a striped assed ape. I have not pulled the secondary flies yet and it still hauls. The Blackbird moves but the Zx just flat out gets it done.

I actually live in Cedar Park so we are even closer neighbors!

Cheers

K

I've ridden a couple ZX14's: one with flies out, one stock. With flies out it was insanely fast all the way from the bottom. With flies in the power came on in a big sort of surge. Didn't feel as linear as the XX. You definitely sit "on" the ZX vs "in" the XX in comparison. Reach to bars felt very similar as did peg position in stock form. I liked the ZX. I love the XX.

I think that is a good comparison Barry.

Crazy Dave, that is what I like about this board, everyone is such a giver of themselves!!!!! We dont drive it all that much and as such I have a fuel hose that has cracked I believe so when it runs it dumps fuel. I need to pull it out and fix it. Its a beautiful car but being an american muscle car guy I have a hard time "getting into it".

Cheers

K