CBR1100XX.org Forum

F/S 2003 Kawasaki 500R (Ninja)

I bought this bike about a year and a half ago from a coworker who bought it used for his wife. She has since moved up to one of those BMW 800's (?)

I got it for the daughters, one of which knows how to ride, the other learned, sort of, to ride on it. She dropped it in the pasture 1 time and put a crack, half an inch, in the cowling just below the lh mirror stay.

10K-ish miles

I have been trying to hold on to it, hoping it would grow on me as a commuter bike. Well, it hasn't. It is just too small for me (5'8") although it is fun to ride. It is in great shape, been kept in the garage at least by me and the previous owner. There is dust on it, I will try to clean it all up. I have put maybe 500 miles on it since I got it, and replaced the battery last year. No add on's except a trickle charger pigtail.

I am going to put it on CL next week for $2.5 and thought I would try here first. I can arrange for delivery to a lot of places.

Most of you guys know this would make a great starter bike for a lady or a teenager.

I was really hoping to leverage this into a new KLR, but it ain't gonna happen, just too much spread for me right now. If I could find another "interesting bike for a near-trade, I might be interested.

BTW, $2K is a little steep, but this bike is a pretty nice ride in great shape.

post-1606-1313945647.jpg

post-1606-1313945664.jpg

post-1606-1313945681.jpg

post-1606-1313945694.jpg

Gas consumption:

http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/MotorcycleF...de/Kawasaki.htm

Distance to Charlotte: 245 miles.

The PO said it got 60 miles to the gallon. Don't know if I believe it one way or the other, since I just ride it about 40 miles commuting, and fill it up as needed. Never checked.

http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/photos/2003...i-Ninja500R.htm

If you are interested, I will take better pictures, including any blemishes for you to consider. I can truck it at least half way one day for free. Or I could ride it over to western NC for you to see.

I just unloaded a 93 Ninja 600 and it gets close to 60mpg even at that age...great bikes!