CBR1100XX.org Forum

WTB - VFR Handlebars

I just sold my Tiger 1050 a few weeks ago and last Saturday bought a really nice 03 XX w/ 12.8K miles, completely stock. With an oil change and cleaning, she runs and looks great, but at 56 yo I need just a little relief. Today ordered Dave's peg lowering brackets, and now need some VFR risers. I'd prefer to not get longer lines right now and think these might do the trick.

Anyone have some or a lead on where I could find them?

Looked at Service Honda and new they are really expensive!

Thanks,

Davy

I have the VFR bars, but still want better. Give them a try if you can find a set cheap used.

You might want to consider the Helibars for a VFR or something else if you're going to spend some coin.

There are a few other nice options.

Steve

Don't forget, you want the bars from the 2002- VFR800, the '98-'01 are the wrong fork size.

It also helps to change the right XX switchgear to the VFRs as well because the throttle cable routing is better suited to the higher bars.

A note on the line size.

You can get away with the stock line length. I got braided lines on, and had I anticipated this, I would have asked for 2-3" more on the front brake line. Odds are you'll need to dremmel or hacksaw off the tab on the master cylinder to rotate the banjo bolt in the most workable position, but it will go on.

You might also have to loosen the tube forks and gently tap the front down by 1/16". The locking rings were just at the top of the VFR bar and I had to make that slight adjustment to let them go back into place.

Thanks for all the suggestions. I just registered on the 2 VFR sites and have WTB ads. I would put one on the other XX forum, but after signing up several days ago, I never got the email to register, and it lets me sign in but not see any pics or post. After 4 emails to admin I gave up...

I've got the Dave's peg lowerers on the way, next bars, then bags, then ?? or just ride!

Thanks again.

Thanks for all the suggestions. I just registered on the 2 VFR sites and have WTB ads. I would put one on the other XX forum, but after signing up several days ago, I never got the email to register, and it lets me sign in but not see any pics or post. After 4 emails to admin I gave up...

I've got the Dave's peg lowerers on the way, next bars, then bags, then ?? or just ride!

Thanks again.

now, you just need to spend the night with either Dave or Joel... :icon_confused:

it is required.

Thanks again.

now, you just need to spend the night with either Dave or Joel... :icon_confused:

it is required.

Bend over and touch your toes, I'm gonna show you where the grey goose goes! :icon_rape: :icon_love: :icon_bondage: :icon_hump: