CBR1100XX.org Forum

2002 Goldwing for sale

Want to thin the herd and sell my 2002 Goldwing and my '98 XX. Should have kept JJPXX's C-14! Anyway here it is...2002 GL 1800, 33,192 miles, black with some chrome, heated grips, HID low beams, aux. audio port, J M audio MP3 player via factory cd controller, short summer windshield and factory shield, will take partial trade of a C-14. Located in R.I.Asking $10,500

post-3036-1311082340.jpgpost-3036-1311082352.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Update: today I waited around for an extra hour and a half for some knucklehead from P.A. to show up and supposedly pick up my wing as, in his words, I should "consider it sold" . I sent this guy 2 dozen pics, explained that i ride aggressively and he would need peg feelers on it and tires in a couple thousand miles. His Dad gets out of the car after they drove 5 1/2 hours and I can already tell he's a miserable bastard. Looks over the freshly waxed bike scoffs a bit, so I say " your son tells me you ride a GL1800" he says yup, then he can not figure out how to open up the sadlebags, operate the windshield, turn on the radio, or even find the center stand! Fucking lying prick! I put it on the center stand for him he sits on the back seat and tells Jr. to check the steering head bearings, Jr. looks at him like ........duh......what? So I help him try to save face and swing the bars side to side, he scoffs again! I ask him what's wrong he says "they're loose" they're adjusted perfectly I tell him ! He then gets off the bike, trys to figure out how to start it, he can't, so I do it for him. Then he runs the thing up to third gear, gets on and off the throttle a few times and proclaims the drivetrain shot and the 'Wing has been ....now get this! "RACED" !!! I asked him if he any idea what he's talking about and he says " there's a ton of slop in the drivetrain . I told him I would ride it down to the Honda dealership that's been in business for for 50 years and he could ask them what they thought. Miserable bastard says he wouldn't give me even 5 k for it! Needless to say I said, "I think it's about time you get the fuck off my property have a nice loooong ride back to PA" . Holy shit are people really this stupid!

Sorry to hear of the wasted time.

He knows nothing of the bike, you offer to prove it's in great shape after he says no, he still offers you 5k.

Hmmm... Craigslist or Walmart people? :icon_wink:

:icon_biggrin:

Last night around 11:00 p.m. he sends me a text that reads "$120 in fuel 15 wasted hours I can only hope someone does the same thing to you someday, good luck selling your POS!"

I was on duty so I was up anyway, texted him back stating that I took the bike to the dealership and they ran mine and a brand new one up to third and they both did the exact same thing. That he wasted an entire day and his dad had NO f'ing idea what he was talking about and was a lying bastard about owning the same bike.

He says," whatever, sell the bike to the dealer" told him they already offered me 9k toward a used C-14 but I made the commitment to him because he told me it was "sold". Informed him the mechanics there were amazed he passed on the bike and he fucking blew it ! Now, the C-14 has been sold therefore no trade deal.

Haven't heard a word since...moron.

He knows nothing of the bike, you offer to prove it's in great shape after he says no, he still offers you 5k.

Craigslist, 5 and half frickin hours away John!!!!!!!!

Actually, despite your wasted time, you should be amused.

He proves to you that he lacks knowledge of the bike. Also, he doesn't understand the value of time an money. He wasted "15 hours"? 5.5 one way = 11 hours round trip. Times that by 2 people is 22 hours. :icon_think:

Despite all that was "wrong" with the bike, he still offers you half of what you wanted hoping you'd agree with his knowledge in offer to make the sale.

You definitely got the lower part of the Craigslist bunch. People love to haggle. Hey, at least he took the time to come out. I do get a kick out of those who offer 1/3 to 1/2 of what you're asking... :icon_wink:

Update: today I waited around for an extra hour and a half for some knucklehead from P.A. to show up and supposedly pick up my wing as, in his words, I should "consider it sold" . I sent this guy 2 dozen pics, explained that i ride aggressively and he would need peg feelers on it and tires in a couple thousand miles. His Dad gets out of the car after they drove 5 1/2 hours and I can already tell he's a miserable bastard. Looks over the freshly waxed bike scoffs a bit, so I say " your son tells me you ride a GL1800" he says yup, then he can not figure out how to open up the sadlebags, operate the windshield, turn on the radio, or even find the center stand! Fucking lying prick! I put it on the center stand for him he sits on the back seat and tells Jr. to check the steering head bearings, Jr. looks at him like ........duh......what? So I help him try to save face and swing the bars side to side, he scoffs again! I ask him what's wrong he says "they're loose" they're adjusted perfectly I tell him ! He then gets off the bike, trys to figure out how to start it, he can't, so I do it for him. Then he runs the thing up to third gear, gets on and off the throttle a few times and proclaims the drivetrain shot and the 'Wing has been ....now get this! "RACED" !!! I asked him if he any idea what he's talking about and he says " there's a ton of slop in the drivetrain . I told him I would ride it down to the Honda dealership that's been in business for for 50 years and he could ask them what they thought. Miserable bastard says he wouldn't give me even 5 k for it! Needless to say I said, "I think it's about time you get the fuck off my property have a nice loooong ride back to PA" . Holy shit are people really this stupid!

Only thing that could have made that better would have been if he had complained that you didn't install the other 2 wheels before he arrived!

Last night around 11:00 p.m. he sends me a text that reads "$120 in fuel 15 wasted hours I can only hope someone does the same thing to you someday, good luck selling your POS!"

I was on duty so I was up anyway, texted him back stating that I took the bike to the dealership and they ran mine and a brand new one up to third and they both did the exact same thing. That he wasted an entire day and his dad had NO f'ing idea what he was talking about and was a lying bastard about owning the same bike.

He says," whatever, sell the bike to the dealer" told him they already offered me 9k toward a used C-14 but I made the commitment to him because he told me it was "sold". Informed him the mechanics there were amazed he passed on the bike and he fucking blew it ! Now, the C-14 has been sold therefore no trade deal.

Haven't heard a word since...moron.

Craigslist, 5 and half frickin hours away John!!!!!!!!

Craigslist brings out the weirdos.