CBR1100XX.org Forum

Pilot Road3 2CT...... Thoughts?

Jaygermeister

Stopped in to get some much needed rubber mounted for an upcoming road trip and the place I go to was out of the tire I prefer so I thought I would mount my second choice (PR2 2CT) until I saw the PR3 2CT so I thought what the hell, I'll try them. I have not put one mile on them so my only impression is …… "Damn they are expensive" $400.42 mounted. My second impression is, they are ugly to look at.

Anybody try them yet. Hope they are worth the coin.

post-145-1307473151.jpg

post-145-1307473174.jpg

post-145-1307473192.jpg

post-145-1307473214.jpg

post-145-1307473478.jpg

post-145-1307473607.jpg

Stopped in to get some much needed rubber mounted for an upcoming road trip and the place I go to was out of the tire I prefer so I thought I would mount my second choice (PR2 2CT) until I saw the PR3 2CT so I thought what the hell, I'll try them. I have not put one mile on them so my only impression is …… "Damn they are expensive" $400.42 mounted. My second impression is, they are ugly to look at.

I like them. They look like they could handle dirt roads. OZARXX '12 is on.

I like em... Look like a high speed rated snow tire! :icon_biggrin:

I am starting to really like the looks of the front tire...

but I'm still not in love with the rear tire pattern, well just the minor sypes anyways.

What I'm really interested in though.... will be, how do they feel... ?

I am starting to really like the looks of the front tire...

but I'm still not in love with the rear tire pattern, well just the minor sypes anyways.

What I'm really interested in though.... will be, how do they feel... ?

Only one way to find out........ wink wink

A few people over here in Oz have used the PR3's and quite like them, similar to the 2's but better in the wet and slightly more mileage :icon_confused:

I'll take a WAG and say that they will be a good touring tire but if there is heavy breaking going into corners, coupled with high cornering speeds, they will cup at the sipes.

My buddy is running these on his FJR, he likes them much better than his z6 interac. He's got about 1/8" of chicken strip and he's even got it leaned over pretty good with wifey on the back. So far about 2000 km on them no cupping or flat spots.