CBR1100XX.org Forum

First test ride with Micron + FP Jets + FP ignition advance

Hank.SD

So tonight was my first chance to get some miles on my XX after installing a Micron 4-2-1 full system, Factory Pro Stage 1 kit jetted per the blue sheet and an adjustable FP ignition advance set to +4.

Fueling seemed spot on, I don't think any changes will be required unless either:

A. I get really crappy mileage

B. My brother in laws XX that just received a FP jet kit and Yoshi 4-1 is faster.

I was quite impressed with the power. Stock, if you closed the throttle around 6-7K in 1st then whacked it open you'd get a nice power wheelie.

NOW, whack it open at 3K in first and when the tach hits around 7500 that front wheel is coming up, RIGHT NOW, whether you want it to or not.

NICE!

The Micron is very quiet too. I like it.

• 2 weeks later...
Your waits until 7500 rpm?

hmmmm-- work with the carbs some more.

No, I would say the big hit happens closer to 6500. It's all a bit of a blur :icon_twisted:

I actually got to take a little longer ride tonight and checked the mileage. 45.4 mpg, which rivals the best I ever got before the pipe / jets / ignition advance. Great Success!

Lil video:

th_1stgear.jpg