CBR1100XX.org Forum

Help!...Mounting Corbin Bags

rosedalesam

I found a set of Corbin bags for my '03 that had been on a totaled Bird in Fla. The bags are in good shape, but without mounting hardware, except two of the top mounting bolts. I can copy the bolts for the other top mounts, but the bottom mount needs, I think, a right angle bracket with a twist. This attaches to the muffler mtg. bracket. A picture or drawing of this part would really help. Corbin says they don't keep obsolete product info. Anyone got ideas?

Looks like the seller didn't include the proper hardware............ :icon_twisted:

Sure would be cool if Justin still had the items in the pic. :icon_biggrin:

Outstanding response and pictures guys! I should be able to build those bottom brackets easily enough. Unless those in the picture are looking for a good home??? No brownies for you though. It's been thirty years since I could remember what went in them. Scott

Hey Scott, keep us posted on your build. Did the shim go on OK? Let me know if you need anything.

Shim is in; your directions were spot on. 4" longer throttle cables, clutch and brake lines to go with the bar risers. And, as I thought, now waiting on the painter.

I have a set that are mounted on the bike. I'm not willing to sell them but i could certainly take pictures for you and post dimensions.

I'd imagine the acorn nuts are a standard thread...that makes the bolts a standard thread. Do you also need that info?

PM me if you need pics and stuff.