CBR1100XX.org Forum

Regulator output

Black7

Anyone know what the output voltage of the reg / rec should be with engine running at about 2000rpm?

Seems to be putting out in the order of 15 volts.

Is that normal?

Do you get any warning, e.g. with the voltage rising, before they go or do they just expire? :icon_think:

15 volts sounds good. This LINK is great for troubleshooting charging problems.

01 and later birds have a upgraded R/R. I have seen post where a volt meter shows changing voltages, and others saying the instruments lights start acting strange.

The connector plug between the stator and the R/R have been known to overheat, turn brown, and open connection.

My bike has 48K miles, is on the second battery since new, and still works great.

01 and later birds have a upgraded R/R. I have seen post where a volt meter shows changing voltages, and others saying the instruments lights start acting strange.

The connector plug between the stator and the R/R have been known to overheat, turn brown, and open connection.

My bike has 48K miles, is on the second battery since new, and still works great.

:icon_biggrin:

Many Thanks, Red.

• 2 months later...

This look familiar?

post-6404-1307497825.jpg

I had below 13v at idle the other day. Another day had it going to 14v almost right away. Started to worry, but the test says something like 13.5v or higher at 2,500 and not over 15.5v at 5,000+. What it does otherwise doesn't seem to matter as it's a matter of how charged the battery is at the time.