CBR1100XX.org Forum

New rear brake pads - pad holders?

Boov

I replaced the rear brake pads on my '99, and the old ones had a couple of extra pieces of hardware attached to each of them. They look like one part is for anti-vibration, and the other is for air flow for cooling maybe. Should I keep those parts in there with the new pads? I got really basic, nothing special pads and I'm still using the stock rotor.

Thanks

I replaced the rear brake pads on my '99, and the old ones had a couple of extra pieces of hardware attached to each of them. They look like one part is for anti-vibration, and the other is for air flow for cooling maybe. Should I keep those parts in there with the new pads? I got really basic, nothing special pads and I'm still using the stock rotor.

Thanks

I had the same deal a couple weeks ago. My calipers wouldn't open far enough to clear the rotors with the spacers in there. I removed them and everything works perfectly fine

Thanks

IMHO, I'd keep the parts in place. If you can't retract the pistons far enough to make them fit, leave them out, and come back in a few hundred miles to stick them in.