CBR1100XX.org Forum

98 Bird Running Horrible

RU660R

I did a search and didn't find anything. So here we go. I have been in the process of rebuilding my Bird after a unfornate downing nine months ago. Long story short I did a lot of powder coating. After I put her back together she ran great. The bike has been back in running condition for a few months now and I would start it ever few weeks. I have had it on a battery tender since I have been starting it. I finally got my fairings and other mics. parts in this past week. I went to move the Bird and it seemed to be running strange. I get it moved but it was hell to keep her running. At idle its seems to missing and dies sometimes. It sounds like a v-twin. Really strange exhaust note. Once the rpms get up it seems normal besides the black smoke it puff out every once in a while. So my first thoughts where one of poilet jets are clouged, spark plugs, or coils.

Spark Plugs are brand new. Just ran on the bike stand in the garage. Maybe two hours of run time. Today I cleaned the carbs and found one poilet jet to be clouged. A brust of air cleaned it out. The rest of the carbs looked clean. So I checked spark. Spark is there but seems weak. It seems my lawnmower has more spark than the bird. Battery died during this process so I have jumped to one of our cars. Not sure if that matters. I'm out of ideas. Any help would be greatly appericated. Weather getting to nice not to be ridding and this is the only thing holding me back. Sorry for the novel.