CBR1100XX.org Forum

New kitchen appliances

Edward

Wife and I wants to put in some new appliances in our kitchen.

At the top of our list is a radient stove top, and a convect oven.

We like the design and features of the new Jenn Air offerings.

Anyone have any stories, "good or bad" about Jenn Air.

Thanks.

• 1 month later...

If by radient topyou meanthe fance easy clean "ceran" type the only thing I have heard bad about them is if you drop a pot on the top it can crack the surface. The top is almost as much as a new stove.

easy clean "ceran" type

FWIW I really like my ceran top stove... But its not cause they are easy to clean (even though they are marketed that way)

I just like the smooth surface... When the stove isn't on, its like having more countertop space vs a stove with coils.

For me, the benefits of a ceran type are that it looks better then coils, and it makes a nice smooth countertop surface when its off...

The Jenn Air brand still seems to be a good bet, I have one that is probably about 20 years old and the only thing wrong with it is the clock. They have some really nice new stuff out there. As far as the smooth top goes, they do look much nicer as opposed to the coil tops, and like Nik said, they can double as more counter space when not in use. But what I didn't like about having a smooth top is that they took longer to cool down than the coils (with limited counter space, I've melted my fair share of tupperware lids and bread bags thinking it had plenty of time to cool down), and I was constantly worried about damaging it (very expensive to replace), where as the coils can hold up to a little abrasiveness. You'll love the convection oven, I wouldn't want to be without one now. Hope this helps....

-Cherie

(with limited counter space, I've melted my fair share of tupperware lids and bread bags thinking it had plenty of time to cool down),

Yeah, they do take a while to cool down...

Mine has an indicator light on the panel to indicate if the surface is still warm or not. So even after you turn the stove off, the 'warm surface' light stays on until the top has cooled.

Wanted to get back and thank those that replyed.

The wife and I have purchased some new Jenn Air appliances.

We got a killer deal on a 36" Jenn Air ceramic cook top, and a seperate 30" Jenn Air oven off of e-bay.

Both items are brand new with full factory warranties.