CBR1100XX.org Forum

Which VFR bars do I need (and why)? Thanks!

jsimanella

Actually, you may not need them. I understand the VFR bars afford a little more rise and pullback than the stock XX bars, and are an easy changeout. Depending on your particular body build and riding style, the VFR bars may or may not be worthwhile. If you haven't already, try the stock bars for a while before you make your assessment.

Thanks for the quick replies.

I've had this bike ('97) since '98 (when they made the fast ones1). That year, we took the trip to Asheville, and my (over-abused) back barely put up with the 14 hr day :wink: .

I have considered the Heli Bars, but find them very expensive for the return you get. Others have stated that they are not impressed with the look of the Heli's.

Do you gain more from the VFR bars than the Heli? Do they look better?

Thanks!

I like my VFR bars and have even raised them up on the fork legs. I'm tall and I find them more comfortable than the stockers.

Plus they look like OEM (because they are :grin: ) and are cheaper than Heli's. I bought mine from Ron Ayers.