CBR1100XX.org Forum

WTB Better Seat.

Haven't been on here in quite some time. So, hello fellow b-bird riders, again.

Looking for a long distance seat. Hear good things about the corbin. Besides that, are there other brands that you guys/gals have liked. Not really into the butt beads thing. Good for ventilation I guess. Anyone had theirs re-foamed with any success?

So, I guess I am looking for advice or a better seat. Anything out there?

Haven't been on here in quite some time. So, hello fellow b-bird riders, again.

Looking for a long distance seat. Hear good things about the corbin. Besides that, are there other brands that you guys/gals have liked. Not really into the butt beads thing. Good for ventilation I guess. Anyone had theirs re-foamed with any success?

So, I guess I am looking for advice or a better seat. Anything out there?

Im interested in this as well !! info please

So, I guess I am looking for advice or a better seat. ?

Distribution.... is you key word. Then moisture control.

The better a seat distibutes your body wieght, the longer you will be able to sit on it. That sounds simple right............. wrong. Ever sit on a concrete floor, it's not than comfortable is it. When talking about motorcycle seats... Shape is everything.

It turns out you don't have to be a rocket scientist to figure this one out, in fact with a little digging in the history department you can find Hard Metal tractor seats were used for years and years.... why, you might ask, because they worked, and they worked good, very good actually. They work by cradling your ass to displace more of your body weight over a larger surface area while minimizing localized pressure points. See here...

http://www.keynamics.com/ergonomic_office_...rs_bodybilt.htm

Now the second part is moisture and heat management. Now without getting into a lot of detail, you also need to be mindful of moisture and body heat control, but since this is an area that is highly variable to your body and your local climate conditions, let me try to summarize it. Hot and/or Dry climate = open cell foam seat. Wet and/or Cold climate = Closed cell foam seat. What that means is Open Cell foam seats will "breath" and will keep you cooler, but they will absorb moisture..... so rain or excessive body moisture is bad. Closed cell Foam seats don't breath and hence, don't hold moisture, but they do hold heat better.

Now.... I have a Corbin, because they displace the weight the best in my opinion, and there shape, looks a lot like that metal tractor seat posted in the link above.

There..... there is my advise.