CBR1100XX.org Forum

Someone should buy this XX!

I sent the seller a email with my cel# told him I live in CO and wanted to see it. We'll see what happens, thanks for the post! Ron

Going to look at it sat morning, I need another bird like a hole in the head. Was planning to buy a KLR 650 this summer BUT what if i change the handlebars to street fighters style and put on off road tires on this bird do u think it would make a good dualsport ?

Going to look at it sat morning, I need another bird like a hole in the head. Was planning to buy a KLR 650 this summer BUT what if i change the handlebars to street fighters style and put on off road tires on this bird do u think it would make a good dualsport ?

doesn't work

I tried going off road on the bird.

ouch.

so did you go see it? i am thinking hard about making this my first bird. but its about 7 hours too far to just go take a quick look, its either go and pick it up, or don't bother going at all.

Yeah I looked at it, The roads were too icy to drive it. The front rim has a bad dent in it, rs mirror housing has roadrash and the large rs cowel has roadrash. He told me he went down at about 25 mph. Somebody punched out the baffles on the mufflers louder then stock. The engine was cold and it started right up, ran fine has 5700 miles on odometer. Checked on parts to replace the stuff that was damaged was 1300-1400 $ If you can live with the bent rim take off about 650.00. I was thinking about giving him 1800-2200 max but only after driving it. But I need another bird like a hole in the head. So if someone wants it go for it. I was hoping I could find the parts used then that would really work! Ron

so you felt pretty sure it was ridable, just cosmetic damages? i think i could live with the cosmetic stuff fine, if its not unsafe to ride. as long as forks and stuff are good, a rim should be an easy swap when i find one right? thanks, nick

yeah nick, If you can live with the cosmetics it's a nice Bird with only 5000 miles. The reason I wanted to ride it was because the owner told me that the guy he brought it from used it as a track bike.