CBR1100XX.org Forum

Spark Plugs - (quick question)?

Obby

When i went the local Honda dealership, they said that the VX (platinum i guess) were replaced with IX (irridium). I suppose i could use the platinum, but it makes me wonder why they told me to use irridium.

:???:

They prolly wanted to make more $$$ off of you..

The platinums are great! They're doing quite nicely

in my '97

:cool: TJ :cool:

When i went the local Honda dealership, they said that the VX (platinum i guess) were replaced with IX (irridium). I suppose i could use the platinum, but it makes me wonder why they told me to use irridium.

:???:

Hey Obby, don't you have a '97 carbed bird? If so,

you don't need the iridium. You can use the platinum

(which is what the shop manual recommends).

I bought the plugs I needed from www.clubplug.com and

got them for like $5.0 a piece. Go there and check bud!

(I bought 8 of 'em)

I was quoted $15.00 ea. for the iridium plugs. Does that sound right?

When I checked with them they told me to use a cr9ehi-9 ( note no "x" in the code). I checked with customer service at NKG, this plug is an Iridium/Platinum hybred, but is OK to use.

All these damn numbers, no wonder I'm confused. :shock:

CR9EHVX-9 like the manual says. All 3 above say they don't carry those anymore, they were "replaced" by the iridiums CR9EHIX-9.

Is this the plug for "all" XX's? I have a 97 and want to replace my plugs. Is this what I should get?

CR9EHVX-9 like the manual says. All 3 above say they don't carry those anymore, they were "replaced" by the iridiums CR9EHIX-9.

Hmmm, funny.. I've got a box of 4 in my hand right now that

I bought from clubplug 2 months ago.. (cr9ehvx-9)

<scratches head>

• 1 year later...

Hey Joe(Rock Me), why don't you get a bunch of these plugs and you could make a package deal with the X-11 CCT? Instead of everyone always looking around for what they need, we could just come see you. :grin:

It doesn't matter whether your plugs are coated with iridium, platinum, diamond plate, or ArmorAll........when they get shit on them....carbon, deposits of the products of combustion....they won't work well.

QOTW!!!!!...and it is bike related for a change.

I bought my Platinums and will change them with my brake pads, but I totally forgot about my air filter....shit! :roll: I guess I need to make a call.

The iridiums don't break down as fast.....hence longer service intervals. It doesn't matter whether your plugs are coated with iridium, platinum, diamond plate, or ArmorAll

What is the part number for the armor all coated plug? Is it faster 'cause it's shiny??? :pointup:

Once the supply of platinums on shelves is exausted there will be no more.

The platinums are being replaced by iridium.

I have the iridiums in my 98, they will go 20K miles before change according to a 2003 VFR owners manual I looked at at a dealer. Versus the 8K miles for the platinums in my 98's owners manual.