CBR1100XX.org Forum

97XX, Slip-ons + K&N Filter, Pilot Screw Setting?

sk6f3

I went from 42.5 pilots to 45, raised the stock needle 1mm, opened the slide hole (insert joke, no pun intended) 7/64, and borrowed a pilot screw adjustment tool. I have stock US mains for now.

MAXX after you increased your pilot size, do you remember how many turns open you set you pilot screw? I am concerned that with 45s, 2.5 turns out may be too much. Thanks Steve

I also run with the same steup, out 2.5 turns. Pulled the plugs about 6 months ago...they've been in there since birth and the jet kit has been in for a couple years now. The plugs are a nice even tan. Tells me the carbs are mixing perfectly.

Good luck.

Sean.

Thanks, I went with 2.5 turns out. Each of the pilot screws was set at 2.5 when I checked the previous setting. This was the only change I found from stock. The previous idle was just fine.

I have reassembled up to the air filter, I am waiting for the K&N in the mail. If it does not come tommorrow, I may put the old dirty one in just to see how it runs. How much of a difference will the filter make?

Have you run with out lower and center fairing panels, just for short test rides?

I also installed a NEP throttle lock and it seems to work beautifuly, Steve

Have you run with out lower and center fairing panels, just for short test rides?

I know a guy that did a trackday with the panels removed.

Should be OK for a street ride, but beware of people mistaking you for a FZ rider! :shock:

I have reassembled up to the air filter, I am waiting for the K&N in the mail. If it does not come tommorrow, I may put the old dirty one in just to see how it runs. How much of a difference will the filter make?

It will run, just rich is all. The stock filter is just too restricted to run with jetted carbs.