CBR1100XX.org Forum

WTB-LFT side Euro switch assembly with Flash 2 Pass for FI bike

I think I have one lying around from a crashed and totalled 2007 bike (about 5500 miles).

However, shipping overseas might be expensive.....

Let me know if you are intereseted, and I'll go and look for it and find out how much shipping actually would be.

If you have any wiring skill at all, any Euro style switch pod can be made to work. It wouldn't surprise me at all if other Honda switches would work without mods . . . and there are plenty of models out there whose parts are so common they're practically free on ebay. Of course, I'd ordered an expensive XX switch from ebay.co.uk before I thought of that, and it turned out to be a complete piece of shit. Not much I can do about it now since I had a friend in the UK buy it for me and forward it to Canada unopened.

You could also look for switches locally from European brand bikes.

I bought mine from ebay for cheap. Keep an eye out there I paid 30 shipped.

Ebay UK or US? A lot of sellers on Ebay UK don't like to ship to the US for some reason. I sent one seller, who has quite a bit of parts on there, an email last week and he hasn't responded plus I don't want to go through what RedEye did and purchase a piece of shit that isn't returnable nor usable . I'd like to get a "stock" switch in, at the very least, great condition. Who better to find that part through then fellow Bird owners. I'd even buy brand new if I could find one. Sent a couple emails out to parts dealers asking if they could get it and no go.

I bought mine from ebay for cheap. Keep an eye out there I paid 30 shipped.

Ebay UK or US? A lot of sellers on Ebay UK don't like to ship to the US for some reason. I sent one seller, who has quite a bit of parts on there, an email last week and he hasn't responded plus I don't want to go through what RedEye did and purchase a piece of shit that isn't returnable nor usable . I'd like to get a "stock" switch in, at the very least, great condition. Who better to find that part through then fellow Bird owners. I'd even buy brand new if I could find one. Sent a couple emails out to parts dealers asking if they could get it and no go.

Email Jaws, John, at straightfour@aol.com and tell him I refered you. Just let him know that you need one with the longer wire leads to fit an FI Bird.

The one I have has the shorter leads made for the Carb'd Bird.

He will return your email. He is in the UK and does ship to the US regularly.

Thanks John. Do you know if I would be looking at a new or used part through Jaws? Really isn't an urgency for the part. Had the flash to pass on my Busa's and liked the feature. Used it quite a bit to be seen with. Nice to flash at an intersection when you just don't trust that guy looking like he is about to pull out in front of you. I know I could just use the high beam switch but pulling the trigger a couple times just seemed easier and quicker to me. I ride the Dan Ryan quite a bit in the summer when I ride to work and the flash to pass comes in handy to be seen there also. For me it's a nice feature to have that should have been included originally. Sames goes for flashing hazards. Should have been stock on the Birds. I think I will wait to see what Helvet can come up with. Hopefully he will have good news for me.