CBR1100XX.org Forum

Fork Seal Replacement ...

Beefa

Like I mentioned earlier , I popped a fork seal and I'm gonna pull forks out and give em to a mate to replace ... I'll do front pads while I'm there ..

I also had a mate who worked as a Honda tech a coupla years ago mention steering head bearings on the Bird , he reckoned the originals were soft and if wheelies were common , they sould be replaced with after market tapered roller type . We were discussing front tyre wear when he mentioned it . Anybody had that experience ?

Any tips or advice on oil and stuff , I'm a portly :lol: 135kg , mostly round town riding , the occaisional wheelie .. :cool:

Help appreciated fella's

Pete

Fork seals are easy enough when the forks are off the bike, and for someone with a general knowledge of fork overhaul.

Change the fork oil while you're in there, and if you don't already have them, now would be a good time to add some stiffer springs.

I replaced my stg. head bearings a year ago with tapered rollers. My factory bearings were very loose on adjustment, but looked to be in good shape.

After installing the tapered rollers, the low speed decel wobble completely disappeared, and hasn't returned.

I installed the "All Balls" kit, but can't for the life of me remember where I got 'em, or how much they were. Parts411 rings a bell, but I can't be sure.

Hope it helps.