CBR1100XX.org Forum

Aftermarket Fenders

rockmeupto125

Back in the day, there were plastic aftermarket body parts available for UJM's. The sport cafe fairing and streamlined front fender were most common. I can find the cafe fairing (hell, there's a couple in my garage) but no fenders. These were slimline front fenders typically held to the forks with hose clamps or zip ties (I think we had zip ties back then). Anybody seen them?

I know you said aftermarket,but a couple years ago i saw a bird with a fender from a 600cbr can't remember the year it was from but i liked the look and fit,bolted right up from what i saw.

See my ad in for sale section. Includes an aftermarket fender.

so that aftermarket fender that fits a KZ400 will fit a bird?

med_gallery_2671_838_159119.jpgmed_gallery_2671_838_32463.jpg

Guest cudgel

Sure, it fits a 'bird with a KZ 400 front end. I don't know what you read into the info given but I saw UJM mentioned, not 'bird.

So what's the intended use?

Back in the day, I got my fiberglass fender from Spec II.

http://www.spec2.com

Interesting site...spent some time there. Scant fender information, looks like they need a new webmaster.

I know you said aftermarket,but a couple years ago i saw a bird with a fender from a 600cbr can't remember the year it was from but i liked the look and fit,bolted right up from what i saw.

Thanks, Donnie...I'll have to check out the 600's. Lots of used stuff for them on egay and the forums.

Sure, it fits a 'bird with a KZ 400 front end. I don't know what you read into the info given but I saw UJM mentioned, not 'bird.

So what's the intended use?

Thanks for the direction. Not quite the type of fender I was looking for. Its for an XX, but I say UJM because I've never seen that type of fender available for an XX, so adapting would be needed. Something a little different was the idea.

so that aftermarket fender that fits a KZ400 will fit a bird?

Hey, everything fits...just depends on how much time and welding rod ya got!

Might have to go to JC Witney for something like that!

Not a bad idea. There website's been down for a couple days, though. Wonder what's up with that?

Edit.......I did find a few good matches at the Racetech and Maier bodywork sites. Still pricier than what I had hoped. I should probably just cut down an XX fender and see if I can get a different vibe out of that.

I should probably just cut down an XX fender and see if I can get a different vibe out of that.

I did exactly that several years ago. You may not remember but I cut a front fender to look like a bird's beak?

Thanks for the direction. Not quite the type of fender I was looking for. Its for an XX, but I say UJM because I've never seen that type of fender available for an XX, so adapting would be needed. Something a little different was the idea.

Probably too expensive BUT - Magical Racing:icon_surprised:

f_fender2.jpg

cbr1100xx_1.jpg