CBR1100XX.org Forum

Givi or other topcase for....

Zero Knievel

I know this isn't a XX topic, but if anyone is in the know....

Dad has his 250 Nighthawk. Likes the idea of my Givi top case (or a similar product). Givi has no listed mounting options for the 250 Nighthawk. I can see why. Two good mounting points on the rear pillion (at the turn signals), but you really need at least 3, optimally 4. The XX uses the grab rail bolts and the exhaust pipe mounts. The Nighthawk mounts the exhaust pipes to the swingarm which makes them movable, not fixed.

Any suggestions on what might work for this type of bike?

Pic so you have an idea....

post-3006-1285758031.jpg

• Upvote 1

Not mounted to the swingarm...mounted to the pillion peg bracket. JC Whitney has some cheaper alternatives with universal mounting brackets and hardware.

Nighthawk mounts the exhaust pipes to the swingarm which makes them movable, not fixed.

?????????????????????

Thank you. I did a double-look at the photo.

My mind is the third thing to go.

I forget what the first two were. :icon_lol:

Still, the Nighthawk has no pegs for the pillion, so the rider pegs are too far forward to mount onto.

Revsperformance sells a sportrack for the 250 Nighthawk that you might be able to mount a trunk on.

Clicky the linky

Nice, but fairly pointless. It's just a metal rack. Something you might bungee to, but not quite enough. Wonder if there are cases that work with it.

Still, the Nighthawk has no pegs for the pillion, so the rider pegs are too far forward to mount onto.

Ummmm :icon_rolleyes: you might wanna take a look at the pic again...passenger pegs are in place and folded up.

JC Whitney motorcycle luggage and accessories Would be easy to adapt several of these boxes to a NightHawk.

Ummmm :icon_rolleyes: you might wanna take a look at the pic again...passenger pegs are in place and folded up.

JC Whitney motorcycle luggage and accessories Would be easy to adapt several of these boxes to a NightHawk.

Ah.

It appears eyes was one of the first two things to go. :icon_redface:

Revsperformance sells a sportrack for the 250 Nighthawk that you might be able to mount a trunk on.

Clicky the linky

Nice, but fairly pointless. It's just a metal rack. Something you might bungee to, but not quite enough. Wonder if there are cases that work with it.

JC Whitney has several universal mount top cases on their site that could be made to fit.

I bet those two fiddys are popular overseas, especially in Asia, they surely have top boxes to haul the chickens to market.

Clicky the linky

One of the guys at work has an FJR with a Ventura rack and has just bolted a cheap top box to it (RJay's I think :icon_think: ) or there is this from Twisted Throttle :icon_surprised:

+1 on the JCWhitney option. Not the hottest quality, but good enough. Someone found a tailrack that fits for you, it isn't "pointless". Once you have a tailrack that fits, bolt the universal mounting plate that comes with the JCWhitney top case to the rack.

Price is right for the top case, it's tough and durable. It's the rack that is spendy, but $129 is not much above average.

+1 on the JCWhitney option. Not the hottest quality, but good enough. Someone found a tailrack that fits for you, it isn't "pointless". Once you have a tailrack that fits, bolt the universal mounting plate that comes with the JCWhitney top case to the rack.

Price is right for the top case, it's tough and durable. It's the rack that is spendy, but $129 is not much above average.

+1 That is the rig I use daily on my Bird. A Rhentech rack with a JC Whitney large top case. The plate mounts to the rack with two metal bars under the rack to clamp the plate down. Not as pretty as a Givi, but at a third the price I am not that picky.