CBR1100XX.org Forum

Saw Really nice Bird at Stealer

I don't know if bringing this to folks attention is violation of rules or not---hopefully not---but stopped by the local dealer for small parts for my '97 and threre in the used department was the cleanest 2001 I've personally seen since they were new on the showroom floors. If anyone is interested in such as item---it's at Cal Coast Motorsports in Ventura, Ca.

Google is your friend. I would post a link but again, I don't know what is appropiate for this section and this is the 1st one I've seen for sale that I felt others might like to know about. Happy trails, kel

Brand new? Do you know how much are they selling for?

Thanks.

I don't know if bringing this to folks attention is violation of rules or not---hopefully not---but stopped by the local dealer for small parts for my '97 and threre in the used department was the cleanest 2001 I've personally seen since they were new on the showroom floors. If anyone is interested in such as item---it's at Cal Coast Motorsports in Ventura, Ca.

Google is your friend. I would post a link but again, I don't know what is appropiate for this section and this is the 1st one I've seen for sale that I felt others might like to know about. Happy trails, kel

Thanks Keith,

and it looks like it has a Corbin seat too...

However, with a 2001 and 15k miles, I would guess the following will need to be done asap

at the minimum:

- all brake fluid, clutch fluid, fork fluid, engine oil change ($100?)

- all brake hoses ($200?)

- all brake pads ($120)

- new tires ($300)

- new chain/sprockets ($300)

- probably needs an upgraded CCT? R/R?

So that's another $1200, plus the 10% sales tax...

Also, which year XX had the wiring hardness recalled?

I was tempted... :-)

-mike-

I've never replaced a hose. Hell, I've never replaced anything. Fluid flushes, sprockets, chains, brake pads -- those are sorta par for the course. Anytime you buy a used bike you need to be prepared to replace consumables. My tool kit rubber band did finally go. POS Honda. :icon_biggrin:

Thanks Keith,

and it looks like it has a Corbin seat too...

However, with a 2001 and 15k miles, I would guess the following will need to be done asap

at the minimum:

- all brake fluid, clutch fluid, fork fluid, engine oil change ($100?)

- all brake hoses ($200?)

- all brake pads ($120)

- new tires ($300)

- new chain/sprockets ($300)

- probably needs an upgraded CCT? R/R?

So that's another $1200, plus the 10% sales tax...

Also, which year XX had the wiring hardness recalled?

I was tempted... :-)

-mike-

You are not serious about about a 2001 Bird or you would at least take a look at the thing and discover some of the great riding available in Ventura County. It has new tires and is immaculate. The guy that owned it had that and a ZZR1200 that may still be for sale there----traded them both in on a new ZX14. Both of the bikes were sold to him by that dealership. As for the price, they are in business to sell stuff---so will probably move some. Surely it depends on how long it has been in inventory----that I haven't a clue.

Personally, I feel BlackBirds should be black--(fastest color of course) but there are those who feel the same about the red one (perhaps the silver Bird owners have an opinion on that as well)--and it was only for one year here in the US---so when the person that wants a red Bird sees this one---it will sell. I mentioned here because if I were looking for a really nice Bird of a particular vintage--it would be nice to know where one might be. Then it would be up to me to evaluate, negotiate and get to riding----or not.

Happy trails, kel