CBR1100XX.org Forum

Brake/Clutch line length

dehning

Could somebody tell me what the eye-to-eye length of the OEM clutch line is as well as the line that goes from the rear master cylinder to the brake caliper is ?

Much appreciated!

Sorry, I forgot.... :icon_redface:

Warning: I measured a stock clutch line which is composed of both soft flexible line and inflexible hard line. I also measured from the base of the banjo bolt (where the thick part begins at the end of the narrow tube) to the base at the other end.

I got 3 feet, 6 inches in overall length. I presume any "tube" used for the clutch line needs to be that length. An aftermarket line would be all flexible line and might vary in length. I know people who make clutch line kits know the length needed for the XX if they carry a kit for the clutch.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for the measurement, for the record (and I wish somebody would make up a cross reference chart SOMEWHERE), a 44" line is damn near perfect for my XX with VFR800 bars. It would fit standard bars fine too.

I got one of these and there are 3 left at the time I post this:

Ebay link