CBR1100XX.org Forum

genuine MIG exhaust black carbon fiber slipons

I'm taking my XX back to stock, so I have to part with these great sounding MIG slipons. I've never heard any other pipe sound like these. I would guess they about 12 years old. I got them when I bought a '99 XX from Vern (xrated) and kept them when I bought an '01 XX from Josh (JB4XX). I know the don't make these anymore, they're as light as a feather, stainless steel and carbon fiber.

Here's what's included;

2 carbon fiber slipons, in very good condition. There are a few spots that need some clearcoat, I showed the biggest piece with a quarter so you could gauge the size. They need a nice coat of clear powdercoat, that was my plan if I had decided to keep them. There's also a nick on the bottom side that you don't see unless you lay on the ground. I show that in the pics too.

the midpipe slipons have always been polished on a regular basis and I hope you can tell by the photos. You'll see a mark on one of the pipes but that isn't seen, it's on the inside of the rear foot peg. One small dent that is visible is from a gas station pump curb, the kind with the painted metal band. I was just sick about it but it turned out to not be as bad I thought. I polished it up and it's not really noticeable unless you know it's there. The small dent is on the right/clutch side and down pretty low. When the bike is on the sidestand, you have to be a few feet away or crouch down to see it. It doesn't effect performance.

I have all the hardware, springs and brackets for mounting them on your XX. One of the original bracket-to-slipon bolts fell off but I have a suitable replacement. Otherwise it's the hardware that I've had since I got the MIG's. To make these pipes work, you have to remove a little of the rear cowl so the bracket can fit to the subframe. They're pretty easy to figure out for mounting but if you have any questions, I can help, just say the word. If you want to make an offer, just PM me. Shipping will be exactly what it costs from my zip code to yours. thanks.

DSCF3425.jpg

DSCF3424.jpg

DSCF3426.jpg

DSCF3427.jpg

DSCF3428.jpg

DSCF3433.jpg

DSCF3430.jpg

DSCF3431.jpg

DSCF3432.jpg

here's what they look like on an XX

DSCF4002.jpg

I will add to what has already been said about the sound of these pipes. I have never heard any other pipe sound any better than these do............PLUS.........they are the baddest looking pipes that you can put on an XX if you like the dual exhaust look. If I remember correctly, these were bought new in 2001, so they are not 12 years old.........only 9. Good luck with the sale and whoever gets them..........be prepared for some instant wood every single time you start up the bike!!!

I will add to what has already been said about the sound of these pipes. I have never heard any other pipe sound any better than these do............PLUS.........they are the baddest looking pipes that you can put on an XX if you like the dual exhaust look. If I remember correctly, these were bought new in 2001, so they are not 12 years old.........only 9. Good luck with the sale and whoever gets them..........be prepared for some instant wood every single time you start up the bike!!!

thanks for the update Vern on when they were purchased

they are sold