CBR1100XX.org Forum

“Let there be lights, and it was good”

79cbxmike

After seemingly endless looking, thinking, pondering and tinkering I got off the dime and installed Hi and Lo beam HID lighting in the Bird.

I was worried about vibration, jittery lighting and what the road would look like.

Attached one ballast on each side the instrument cluster with sturdy Velcro pads. Replaced the standard 12 volt supply connectors with locking types and shrank some tubing to insure they stayed together. I modified the existing H7 lamp holders and added a metal washer and silicone caulking to stabilize the new lamps rather than use those rather flimsily adapters supplied.

This is a massive improvement in lighting the road ahead, no jitter and the road has a daylight look. :icon_rolleyes:

Should be a standard piece of safety equipment on every auto/motorcycle.

Had to remove the gas tank and evict a city of mice and clean out their housing. Getting the nose piece on with all those cables and ram air ducts lined up correctly is always a bitch.

I'm going to give "Her" a new name --- Bottle of Woodfords to whomever gets it first. :icon_think:

Were it not a "her" Zeus might work.

Lightning bolt kind of thing

Congrats on the lumens - everyone needs this mod.

Maybe that would work -- Lumens

• 1 month later...

I know it's been a bit since the request, but if she doesn't already have a name, what about Lightning Bug?

Not sure why, just struck me as possibly appropriate.

I'm sure there are others that can come up with more smart ass names, if you go out in the Pub with the request though!