CBR1100XX.org Forum

Looking to Buy a 2002/2003 XX in So Cal

Hey guys,

I'm in the market to get my hands on a nice 2002 or 2003 Blackbird but I'm having difficulty finding one that I like in California. Anyone know of any good ones anywhere in the state? I have to buy one in CA due to the DMV laws so if it's outside the state, I can't register it here unless it has over 7500 miles and even at that, the state will get me for an extra sales tax if I've haven't owned it for longer than a year outside of CA and I won't pay that so it's gotta be for sale in CA. I'm looking for one with less than 20K miles. If anyone knows of one, let me know. Thanks!

Steve

Did you check Craig's List? Here's one in the Riverside/San Bernadino area:

Linky

It doesn't say how many miles. There are probably others; I found that one with about two minutes search.

Thanks Keith ...yeah, I did find that one on a search all craig's site but based on the price and the fact that he didn't list the miles, I figured they were high and I really didn't care for what looks to be square yoshi pipes. Also, I like the OEM black wheels and the owner of this one has put some chrome or silver wheels on it. This one did not scream buy me.

Look at a 2001 XX. The red color is very sweet. Pictures of the red version do not do the color justice.

Though the bikes color make a difference in overall speed.

Black is the fastest followed by silver then red and last titanium.

Look at a 2001 XX. The red color is very sweet. Pictures of the red version do not do the color justice.

Though the bikes color make a difference in overall speed.

Black is the fastest followed by silver then red and last titanium.

Aurora,

I've never really liked the red color on the 01's. It's really bungandy and it just has never really excited me. I like the red on the Ducati STs but not the red XXs. That's the only reason why I have omitted the 01s from my search.

Jeffro,

I came across that listing the other day and it appears to be a nice bike ...the few downsides are the 4 into 1 pipe and the scratches and chips. His price is good, though, and miles are fine. If I bought that bike, I'd rip the Yoshi pipe right off and re-install a nice dual exhaust but I guess if I can find one that has the original pipe set-up, that would be better. It's definitely a possibility, though. I'm looking for a cherry example of a bike ...the 02' XX I owned some years back was in pristine condition and I want another like that. They are HARD to find like that.

Thanks for the input guys,

Steve