CBR1100XX.org Forum

i really like this black bird

nybryan

I bought mine in aug and have slowly been making some improvements. A set of sonic springs and fresh fork oil recently done made a huge difference. Plus a set of PR2CT tires and ebc brake pads. Fresh clutch and brake fluid. K/n airfilter <filter was kind of wierd to install the air box cover didn't want to close tight but just placing it on top like with the stock filter but it managed when i tightened up the screws>. set of honda bags, corbin saddle,helibars along with an MRA vario screen round out the comfort upgrades. I'm not terrible thrilled with the windshield maybe i should have bought a givi. Getting the proper preload and fiddling with the dampening screwed on the stock shock helped a bit also.

I have a penske shock I'm waiting to get back from penske and hoping this will further improve the handling. If it gets much better I'm going to have a real problem in the legal department as I'm often throwing it through corners at speeds that will have me locked up

I'm coming from riding an ST1300 so for me this feels like a real sport bike and I'm having a blast. The bird I'm really impressed with. Less then ten thousand miles on it when I bought it and once the fuel pressure regulator was replaced its been great. Even with all the goodies I added its still less then a second hand busa would have cost and god knows what kind of abuse it would have taken. Todays market place has lots of great bikes but not to much that would really work for ownership for me. I'm not a fan of louder exhusts on motor modification so I'm about done. Maybe a modification to the mounting brackets for the panniers for a rack so i can add a dufflie bag for two up trips if I come across a welder. Just rambling here on a rainy day

I bought mine in aug and have slowly been making some improvements. A set of sonic springs and fresh fork oil recently done made a huge difference. Plus a set of PR2CT tires and ebc brake pads. Fresh clutch and brake fluid. K/n airfilter <filter was kind of wierd to install the air box cover didn't want to close tight but just placing it on top like with the stock filter but it managed when i tightened up the screws>. set of honda bags, corbin saddle,helibars along with an MRA vario screen round out the comfort upgrades. I'm not terrible thrilled with the windshield maybe i should have bought a givi. Getting the proper preload and fiddling with the dampening screwed on the stock shock helped a bit also.

I have a penske shock I'm waiting to get back from penske and hoping this will further improve the handling. If it gets much better I'm going to have a real problem in the legal department as I'm often throwing it through corners at speeds that will have me locked up

I'm coming from riding an ST1300 so for me this feels like a real sport bike and I'm having a blast. The bird I'm really impressed with. Less then ten thousand miles on it when I bought it and once the fuel pressure regulator was replaced its been great. Even with all the goodies I added its still less then a second hand busa would have cost and god knows what kind of abuse it would have taken. Todays market place has lots of great bikes but not to much that would really work for ownership for me. I'm not a fan of louder exhusts on motor modification so I'm about done. Maybe a modification to the mounting brackets for the panniers for a rack so i can add a dufflie bag for two up trips if I come across a welder. Just rambling here on a rainy day

Hey nybryan, I am just down road from you in Rockland County and like you I came off an ST1300. I would like to hear more about your MRA Vario screen, I am trying to get a little more wind protection and don't want to shell out money for different kinds of winshields, i would like to get it right the first time. So far the Givi and the ZG ST are in the mix along with the MRA Vario. Also considering a Laminar lip if the need be.

I was riding up by you yesterday RT82, RT44, CR3, RT22 RT9, RT301,and was having a blast, some great roads, but as soon as I cleaned my face shield off a half mile down the road I would get zapped with more bugs. I know I can't stop the bug infestation, but I would like to clean up some of the wind from hitting me in the upper chest just under the chin. Where do you feel the wind hitting you with the MRA?

Thx

It gets me in the shoulders and throat i guess upper chest. I'm 6.1 Its just a pain in the neck to clean and looks kind of goofy. If i run into your more then welcome to try it out and see how it works for you. I'm down on route 216 in hopewell junction <stormville>. just off the taconic or 84 or route 52. I can often be found having a cup of coffee in kent CT on the weekends. Next weekend I'm a bit busy. SHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH don't tell everybody about the great roads over here.

I'm 6'0" so might not be good for me. Seems like the members with aftermarket windshields are recommending the GIVI. Might go that way, plus I spoke to Leo at Laminar Lip and they said a Triumph Sprint ST lip will work with the GIVI for the Bird.

Me and a buddy (he's on an ST1300) are going to Great Barrington 5/08/10, Sport-Touring.net is having a ride. That is where we ended up yesterday while bouncing around on a 230 mile round tripper. If you would like to join us let me know. Anyone elso that would like to ride with us is welcome.