CBR1100XX.org Forum

So where is the best place (on-line) to buy the Avon's?

Hookman49

You can usually find them a good deal cheaper online, but then you run into the problem of finding a shop that will put them on at a fairly reasonable price.

I got lucky. My local dealer gave me a great price (only $10 more than the best price I found online) and installed them for $11.99 (off the bike, of course) per tire!

Ken, give Hollinks a call explain to them If they can come close to mail order I will order with them :cool: , Any smart dealer will get your business and make a little money instead of none at all :wink: , It has worked for me. Especially if they within $30.00 a set of M.O. I would spend the extra $30.00 for the potential hassle. :cool:

Harry

Yes, as long as you have someone to mount them SWmototires is cheapest quick shipping.

This year the guy I always went to doubled his price to mount and balance.He's a small private shop and has always grumbled when I bring in tires from mail order. So I called around and found another small private shop and had them mt. and bal. (off bike) for $10 each. :grin:

Who installed and balanced your tires RC? I'm planning on getting a set of 45/46's online and I need to find a place to get them installed.

i'll agree that SWMOTO tire is about as good as they come, i ordered my avons monday and had them friday. i'd steer clear of MAW, i ordered some turnsignals 4/1 and i still dont have them...it's not the first time it's taken an inordinate time to get me my order either.