CBR1100XX.org Forum

Windshields

IXXO

I have been looking at aftermarket winshields for my Bird, Zero Gravity, MRA Vario, and Givi.

I would like to know which one offers the most wind protection of the bunch, for the long trips.

ZG has the double bubble and the ST version, is there much difference in them? Is one that much better than the other?

Does the MRA Vario with adjustable lip give more or better protection. How does Givi measure against the ZG & Vario?

Thx.

tried them all less the MRA, and givi is my choice.

A lot of different reasons, other than wind protection. Fit and finish, close to the shape of the front, etc.

Stock was the best looking. ZG double bubble second but looks different than stock shape.

But, that is just me.

Personal height matters. How tall are you. That will help others in evaluating their personal opinion toward your needs.

When I got mine, the stock shield was gone.... so I can't offer an opinion.

Always had pretty good luck with MRA Vario for touring/long distance on other sportbikes, and after seeing John01XX's shield, I went with a Powerbronze Double Bubble from Superbike Store on ebay for around town, particularly when it warms up down here... it's even got "CBR1100XX" embossed into the shield, which is kinda cool.... shield works good too! But, I also have a MRA Vario for my longer trips or when it starts to get cold.... I've also added Saeng windshield trim to assist with air deflection.

Shields are like Seats are like Tires are like Helmets are like Women, they are indeed a very personal thing.... you gotta just try them on for size!

Enjoy!

I doubt any shield for the BB is going to kick the wind up over your head, unless you're leaning way forward or laying on the tank. My vote would also be for the Givi.

I doubt any shield for the BB is going to kick the wind up over your head, unless you're leaning way forward or laying on the tank. My vote would also be for the Givi.

With that being said, and I do agree, can a Laminar lip be added to a Givi for a little more deflection.

With that being said, and I do agree, can a Laminar lip be added to a Givi for a little more deflection.

I've never tried the Laminar Lip, but if it's a universal fit to any windshield, I don't see why it wouldn't work. Hopefully someone else on here can give you better first-hand info.