CBR1100XX.org Forum

Harness and ECU,

Jetsetter

As mentioned before , my numbers don't match anything from Honda and am going off the paint code to assume I have an 01 BB.

Could have been stolen , could have just been changed to suit existing paperwork. I'd take the latter myself but you never now.

If i know the bike is FI , Digital Dash, has the test connector block. I am still gonna go with 2001.

So , to order a wiring harness and an ECU can anyone tell me ,, would it make any difference to get anything from 2001 onwards ? From what I have read they should be very much the same.

Any advice or ideas ?

Also , does anyone know of a place that will send out an ECU with chipped yet blank keys ? If i fit a new ECU i'd have to get keys to suit my ignition wouldn't I ? So obviously blanks would be handy.

Thanks,,

Will continue using the search function to see ifi can find some useful information.

Stan, he's in Vietnam, IIRC.

That's correct , I am located in VN. Great memory there Red. I am flatout remembering what day of the week it is.

It may be alright , if I can't find a replacement item , I may see if i can find a place to send it to for checking. Either OZ ,UK or the States. If I post it , I may as well post it anywhere. I am still suffering from this clown melting my wiring last year.