CBR1100XX.org Forum

Needing Shims

jon haney

I'm finally getting the motor back together for the drag-bike and I'm needing to change some valve shims. I would be happy to trade with someone or buy them.

This is what I need: 1 ea. 1.75, 1.73, & 2.03mm; 2 ea. 1.78 & 1.80mm.

This is what I have, but no longer need: 1 ea. 1.60 & 2.08mm; 2 ea. 2.11mm; 4 ea. 1.85mm.

Let me know if you are interested.

Isn't there a box of them around here that travels as needed, take what ya need, put back what you are replacing?

There was, but the last I heard, it has been misplaced/lost.

I've forgotten, what size (diameter) does the XX take? I've got a few leftover from doing the SV, if they're the right size and I have what you need I'll trade straight up shim for shim.

I've forgotten, what size (diameter) does the XX take? I've got a few leftover from doing the SV, if they're the right size and I have what you need I'll trade straight up shim for shim.

Shim diameter is .295".

I have a set bought by Brent, for the cause. Pm me your address and I will ship them to ya, and you can sent the leftovers. I will check first for the sizes.

Glad you got a handle on it Stan, what I have here it .370 diameter.

I have some old ZX-11 shims that are .373". You got first dibs, but I'll send them to any body who wants them.

I have a set bought by Brent, for the cause. Pm me your address and I will ship them to ya, and you can sent the leftovers. I will check first for the sizes.

Thanks. PM sent.

Thank you very much for the shims Stan.

Still two shims short. :icon_wall: Need (2) 1.78 mm or .070"

Post-up or PM if you got em. :icon_pray: :icon_pray: :icon_pray:

Shop on this side of town does not have. Gonna try the one on the other side of town tomorrow.

First race is 2 1/2 weeks away. Hoping for at least one test-n-tune before. :icon_pray:

Shop on this side of town does not have. Gonna try the one on the other side of town tomorrow.

First race is 2 1/2 weeks away. Hoping for at least one test-n-tune before. :icon_pray:

The kits you buy only come with 1.75 and then 1.80. Honda is the only ones to have the half sizes. This on the exhaust?

The kits you buy only come with 1.75 and then 1.80. Honda is the only ones to have the half sizes. This on the exhaust?

Intakes. The 2.03 was the only exhaust side shim that I needed. Actually, I got back on here to delete my last post cause I just got done ordering the ones I needed. Didn't expect anyone to reply this fast.

Also, Thank you to anyone else who went digging through their stash to try and help me out.