CBR1100XX.org Forum

Where is the best/cheapest place to get plugs/filters these days?

RichardCranium

I was about to pull the trigger on an order from Ron Ayers since I need a couple of dash panels too. Their prices are usually decent and the service is pretty good. I might have found the panels elsewhere so I would toss this out to make sure I'm not senile and forgetting that really great place everyone gets their maintenance items from.

I was about to pull the trigger on an order from Ron Ayers since I need a couple of dash panels too. Their prices are usually decent and the service is pretty good. I might have found the panels elsewhere so I would toss this out to make sure I'm not senile and forgetting that really great place everyone gets their maintenance items from.

try sparkplug.com but watch their S&H

try sparkplug.com but watch their S&H

Thats a web design site now.

I think I bought my last set of XX plugs from O'Riley's Auto Parts. They're local to us, they stock NGK and the Iridium plugs were reasonably priced there. I always bought air and oil filters from one of the local Honda dealers.

Weird. Ron Ayers shows two prices and two SKUs for the same part. One is $15.50 and the other is $10.96.

$10.96 is cheaper than sparkplugs.com by $1.34. Don't know the difference in shipping, however.

Just FYI.

I wound up picking them up off ebay for $32.95 shipped for a set of 4.

Sparkplugs.com had a good price on them ($7.83ea) but shipping was over $12.

Eric reminded me about rockauto.com so I checked and sure enough they had them for $28 and some change for a set and shipping was around $3.

Did you get Iridium's or the OEM plugs?

Iridiums. I don't want to have to change them any more often than I have to.

I need a new Air Filter....

What did you find in that department ?

When I looked there were none other than K&N's on ebay. Rockauto didnt have them either. Ron Ayers had em for $32 and I really didnt look anywhere else.

1. Iridiums. I don't want to have to change them any more often than I have to.

2. Ron Ayers had em for $32

1. Good, those should last you 40-50K miles.

2. Aaaaaauuuuuuuurrrrggghh ! I looked that's about the cheapest I found as well. :icon_confused: