CBR1100XX.org Forum

im playing also

nybryan

I started two and a half weeks ago. Doing the atkins thing and so far down ten pounds. Another 15 to go and I will be happy. I figure i will do atkins for 6 weeks and see where I am.

Good job on taking steps to better health. What is your exercise program?

I started two and a half weeks ago. Doing the atkins thing and so far down ten pounds. Another 15 to go and I will be happy. I figure i will do atkins for 6 weeks and see where I am.

Good job on taking steps to better health. What is your exercise program?

My exercise program? Well first i sit on the couch a bit and smoke a cig or two to get the heart pumping. Followed by sitting in the car and driving as i drink a coffee. Then I go to the office and sit at my desk for the next 8 hours, occasionally stopping for coffee or a smoke. After that i do another lap home in the car but no coffee this trip just a smoke. Then i go back for another couple of hours on the couch before laying down in bed for the night. Once the snow clears i will take the bike more often then the car.

I make sure to stretch thoughly each day to avoid injury from rigorous daily routine.

Everyone's goals are different. Good to hear you are chasing yours. Let us know how the Atkins thing works for you.

One thing that can help you out is to increase your activity level very slightly for decent gains. Drive to work, but park at the back of the lot. Take the longer path to the breakroom. Take the stairs instead of the elevator (assuming its only a couple floors.) While sitting at work, trying to focus on posture and sitting forward. Those little things can help you out.

My goal is not to have to buy new clothes. I put on one of my suits the other day and it was a bit snug < ok quite a bit> and I really don't want to start replacing. Everything else that dropping twenty does is just gravy. I figure i will try to drop 25 and then bounce back five when i start eating all my favorites again. If i have to do the atkins thing once a year for three weeks that will be fine by me.

I have to be careful not to get to healthy as my retirement plan sucks and I am targeting death for a one year after i stop working. If i hit the lottery i will then work on improving my lifespan. :icon_rolleyes: