CBR1100XX.org Forum

Dyna 2000 Digital Performance Ignition

StPeteXX

What can anyone tell me about this unit. My '97XX came with one. It also has been jetted and has a Muzzy 4-1 with CF can.

Any suggestions on settings and what the anticipated results might be is greatly appreciated.

Rich

I purchased my '97 from a local dealer, so I have not spoken to the prior owner. The prior owner did install a hazard light switch, side luggage and the aformentioned exhaust/ignition items. I have been running premium pump fuel without any problems. I have not tried running anything lower than 93 octane.

Rich

Dyna makes ignitions for most type bikes, especially Kaws.

I believe they make complete set-ups with coils and all - simular to

Accell, Mallory, ect.

The choice of the ignition & a MUZZY exhaust tellsme the former owner may have been a former Kaw guy, rether than a Honda guy.

Some guys will enhance the ignition [including the coils] when istalling turbos. to eliminate the spark snuffing that can occur when running high boost.

Since a coil problem is almost unheard of on the Bird - the prior owner was experimenting with something. Suggest you take a look at the coils and see if they have been replaced also.

If you need more info. on the unit you have - get the serial number off the unit and go to:

http://www.dynaonline.com/english/

Hope this helps - Good luck!