CBR1100XX.org Forum

Anyone running with Staintunes?

Cruzmsl

G2 has them and likes them alot. Never have to re-pack them either. You can run them soft with the baffle in or a little louder with them out. Weight is not really going to make that big of a difference, they are lighter than stock, on a 490 lb. motorcycle. :wink:

What's the level of sound and how is the fit...is there a need to recalibrate the FI?

They are quieter with the baffles out than my CF D&D's. Fit and finish are very nice. Sound is prolly inline with Micron, etc.. His bike is FI, no Power Commander, I do not think he had to do anything, the FI compensates for the additional flow, bike does tend to run on the rich side, though.

Hey guys,

Rich is right, I'm very pleased with the pipes. I have a brand new PCII in the box but haven't felt the need to play with it yet. Bike runs excellent.

Fit, finish & hdwr is the best I've seen on any aftermarket slip-ons.

Sound is OK with a raspy wail at WOT. With restrictors installed, they are almost as quiet as stock with no real seat-of-the-pants loss of power. (well, maybe just a bit :-o ) No need to ever re-pack even if you plan on coating your header with some type of heat treatment which transfers more heat into the slip-ons.

Bought mine used for $350. :grin: Seller's back couldn't take the riding position of the XX so bike & all accessories went.

They are surprisingly light. Scratch....? Just polish it out. No real "LOOK AT ME" factor with these pipes but you do get what you pay for.

I bought stock in the company. :lol:

J/K

G2