CBR1100XX.org Forum

WTB: Stator Cover

I'm looking for a stator cover... for my 2000 bird. Does not need to be perfect condition; the heavily scraped one on it now really looks bad.

Thanks in advance for your help, sources w best prices, etc.

Mike 610 731 5408 mobile

I'm looking for a stator cover... for my 2000 bird. Does not need to be perfect condition; the heavily scraped one on it now really looks bad.

Thanks in advance for your help, sources w best prices, etc.

Mike 610 731 5408 mobile

Got one for ya in northern NJ

I might be in Hatfield PA tomorrow if that's any help.

Mines from a 97 and is black. Has some scratches from an accident.

A couple minutes with a D-A and a can of paint would render it useable.

I'm fussy and bought a new one.

Hank

I scuffed mine up too. They make aluminum/magnesium epoxy-type stuff that does wonders at fixing scratches and gouges in that stuff. My dad did it for a serious gouge in his new SUV rim. He'll do the same to remove the "blemish" from my stator cover.

Looking at prices for a replacement made me go :icon_eek:

I scuffed mine up too. They make aluminum/magnesium epoxy-type stuff that does wonders at fixing scratches and gouges in that stuff. My dad did it for a serious gouge in his new SUV rim. He'll do the same to remove the "blemish" from my stator cover.

What's a brand / trade name for this stuff? Are the directions self explanatory?

Thanks,

Mike

What's a brand / trade name for this stuff? Are the directions self explanatory?

Thanks,

Mike

I crashed mine early last year. When my stator went bad I went ahead and repaired the cover.

JB weld is all I used. I mixed it up filled in all the scrapes and let it harden. Took a dremel and sanded it down to normal and then painted it with an engine heat paint. I could have done a little better job on the paint prep around the bolt holes. Other than that at a glance its OEM.

http://cycletherapy.com/

here is a salvage store. They make pretty good OEM replacment stators. Might find a stator cover or other parts as you need them.