CBR1100XX.org Forum

DDM tuning has some super pricing on HIDs at the moment

Justin

I would have thought every new bike out there would have had a more effective headlight than a 98 Blackbird…… I was wrong.

Ogre over on the Busa forums is doing retrofit HID housing for the Hayabusa, it basically uses a projector for the high and low, instead of just for the high beam. I have HIDs in the stock housing and they are a big improvement. I think the light pattern is better than the XX in most cases, particularly around corners at night. Went HID on the XX about 5 years ago and will never ride without them again!

I would have thought every new bike out there would have had a more effective headlight than a 98 Blackbird…… I was wrong.

Ogre over on the Busa forums is doing retrofit HID housing for the Hayabusa, it basically uses a projector for the high and low, instead of just for the high beam. I have HIDs in the stock housing and they are a big improvement. I think the light pattern is better than the XX in most cases, particularly around corners at night. Went HID on the XX about 5 years ago and will never ride without them again!

I saw the Ogre thread but not the price.

Still think the stock XX light is better than the stock Busa

My biggest complaint about the XX lights is that they (particularly the low beam) seem to have a very flat "plane" on the bottom. So when you ride windy roads at night the light beam tips up and you can't see squat. Straight line or moderate curves it is great.

My biggest complaint about the XX lights is that they (particularly the low beam) seem to have a very flat "plane" on the bottom. So when you ride windy roads at night the light beam tips up and you can't see squat. Straight line or moderate curves it is great.

I use the flash to pass just for that very thing, so I can see through the turn. The HID's should fix th