CBR1100XX.org Forum

Metzeler M3's

LogoMan

Just ordered a set for the 'Bird.

Been using a Pirelli Diablo Strada rear and Diablo Corsa III front. Like that combo, but thought I'd give the Metz a try.

Anyone other than cudgel have experience with the M3's and what are your impressions?

Just ordered a set for the 'Bird.

Been using a Pirelli Diablo Strada rear and Diablo Corsa III front. Like that combo, but thought I'd give the Metz a try.

Anyone other than cudgel have experience with the M3's and what are your impressions?

Performed like Pilot Power. I used a set at Mid Ohio track day and on the street after that and I would buy them again.

Switched from Michelins a few months back, could not believe how much easier the bike was to turn, it's almost effortless now. I was so impressed that I got another set for my VFR750 and was still amazed. My VFR800 has M1s and so far I like the M3's on the XX more.

I hated the set I had on my bird. Never had a tire kick out so much for no reason.

Riding buddy of mine witnessed it several times following my line in the twisties and said "it just skipped about an inch or so for no reason, no rocks, dirt, oil or anything." This happened on different roads and they were plenty hot and up to temp. Checked air pressure like a mad person tried different air pressures trying to figure out why they would just have a moment of weakness.

I think I got 3k miles out of them, which is about normal for me. Maybe I just got a crappy set or something.

I replaced them with the BT016's and have enjoyed them. Looks like I will still get 3k miles out of them even though they are triple compound.

I had a set on my Bird, slowed me way down in the corners. :icon_whistle:

Pilot Roads on there now, more suited to my style of riding, straight up and headed for the horizon.

I've used M1's and loved them,warm up very fast,never lost grip and a great drag tire.The m3's are supposed to be 20% stickier,what they do have is deeper tread.Had a bird customer show me just starting to square off at 11000 km (6600 mi).That would be the most impressive wear I've seen.I squared off my M1's at 5000 k's,but there would have been about 50 burn-outs in there soooo....add a little life.

I gave the M3's a good workout today. Rode to the edge of the rear tire with complete confidence. Picked up 10 mph in the corners I usually ride. Amazing level of stick. Very compliant and quiet, too. Wish I'd spooned these on before now.

Weird thing is I had to relearn my lines because I kept turning in too soon. Finally got it figured out. I thought the Pirelli's tipped in good, but these things are really sweet.

Hope like hell they last awhile before squaring off.

• 3 weeks later...
Never owned a set, but I heard they puncture easily. :icon_biggrin:

Only from the outside.

Now to get your Butt signed up and registered for RacerXX and prove to everyone that you really do own a BlackBird !!! :icon_evilgrin:

No thanks. I prefer to do my wrecking on the street.

Now to get your Butt signed up and registered for RacerXX and prove to everyone that you really do own a BlackBird !!! :icon_evilgrin:

No thanks. I prefer to do my wrecking on the street.

Well, at least show up and be a pit bitch!