CBR1100XX.org Forum

Canadian part numbers...

birdie_xx

I wanted to make it easier on my friend who's going to shop for me in Canada, and thought to ask our Canadian friends ....

I'm looking for the part numbers for the fr. fender, tail section, left and right fairings for the '99 XX , in the Candy Red color - paint code R101CU.

They have to match the upper fairing with the p# 64230-MAT-D00ZF.

Can anyone help ?

I bought some decalls in Canada before, and unfortunatelly parts guys in my friend's local shop are morons :evil:

I had to order them three times...they f-up twice ordering wrong stuff :roll:

The part numbers listed on the Dynamo page are for the new red ('01/'02), I think.... :???:

TIA.

Cheers,

You know matching paint and body parts are like women, very hard to find the match and fit that suits you. :lol: I am going to a couple of dealers today, I'll check it out for you, let you know if I can come up with anything. Only trouble is, the one and only dealer I trust is a Yammy dealer, but still gets good prices for me. Cheers.

Heres your part No's

Frontfender H 61100 -mat-000ZH 167.86

Tailpiece H 77250-mat-D00ZB 444.42

Right lower H64460-mat-D30ZA 395.82

Left lower H64470-mat-D00ZA 388.88

Upper fairing H 64230-mat-D01ZF 445.12

Total 1842.10

G.S.T. 128.95

P.S.T 138.16

2109.21 Canadian

I would think you could get 10% at least of those prices. Guy at the shop said Candy Red is Candy Red every where, the only time you may see a color difference is when a bike has been in the sun to long it will begin to fade and new parts will not match. Hope this helps you. By the way R101CU just tell's you that it is the red color, its not a code the match paint. Good luck. Peter.

Bluebird, thank you very much !

Awesome :cool:

The Sun factor is not an issue. I'm changing all the panels.

Either that or I get some custom paint job. But mor likely a new body. I already bought the upper fairing.

BTW, the R101 CU is the color code for the Candy Glory Red, color for the '01 XX in US, and '99 (for sure !) in Canada.

I used to work in couple Honda dealerships...

Color-Rite ( http://www.color-rite.com/ ) uses the same paint code... and HONDA has few diffent Candy Red colors themselve.

Here are the paint codes for XX throught the years (in US !)

'97/'98/'99 - NH 359 Mute Black Metalic

'00 - YR 183 Titanium Metalic

'01 - R 101 CU Candy Glory Red

'02 - NH 146 M Accurate Silver

'03 - NH 463 Darkness Black Metalic

Apparently the '01/'02 red color in Canada is not the R101CU :???:

There are at least two sources in Canada I could use, that have prices much lower than these from your dealer.However the shipping charges would make up for the difference :roll: One is in Alberta the other in Quebec. I'm in Chicago....Shipping on the upper was US$56 !!! :shock:

So I'll have a friend of mine go to his local shop and see if they'd match :twisted:

Thank you very much again for your help. Hopefuly I'll be able to do something in return for you .... :cool:

Cheers,

P.S

US '01 and Canadian part numbers are different for the fr. fender, tail section and R & L lowers, due to different stickers !

The tank , the upper (for sure !), the grabrail and the mirror housings should have the same part numbers....

:whogives: :twisted: ....

In Alberta, Blackfoot motorsports is a pretty good outlet, and they have one less tax than here in British Columbia, the guy at the shop I went into yesterday said usally one day delivery to the shop. Which really suprised me because you can't get anything that fast in B.C. :bike: Good luck.