CBR1100XX.org Forum

AK-20 fork cartridge kit for Honda CBR1100XX Blackbird

SOLD!

Traxxion Dynamics Axxion Cartridge Kit AK-20

for Honda CBR1100XX Blackbird

$675 + $20 shipping

The AK-20 Axxion Cartridge Kit DRAMATICALLY transforms ill-handling sport touring bikes. Immediately you will feel a smooth, controlled ride. The bike will not dive under aggressive or panic braking. You will have a confident feel even in high speed sweeping turns. Your tire wear will improve dramatically. Your pegs and floorboards will stop dragging the ground in turns. You will have great control and stability at low speeds, such as moving through a parking lot. Even your passenger will notice the difference! Overall, you won't recognize your own bike!!!

This kit is Made In The USA with pride in Woodstock, Georgia by skilled machinists and craftsmen. You cannot buy a better working set of forks anywhere, at any price.

This AK-20 kit includes custom fork caps with preload and rebound adjustments.

This brand new, never installed AK-20 cartridge kit is ready for duty on your Honda CBR1100XX Blackbird!

The normal retail price on this AK-20 cartridge kit is $1,149.95.

http://traxxion.com/ak-20page2.shtml

The springs in this AK-20 kit are 1.0 which is the recommended setup for a 185lb rider (like me) and will generally accommodate riders between 175-190lbs.

Traxxion Dynamics really stands behind their products and readily provide parts and service.

If you need different springs, springs are $55 each, and they commonly change a single spring to get incremental overall spring rates,

or can provide 2 different springs to get a more exact setting for a given rider.

Traxxion Dynamics says that the AK-20 kits virtually never wear out (and this AK-20 kit is brand new), but if needed, they will rebuild the cartridges for between $75 to $100.

Please notify me if you have any questions; I will answer any and all questions on this AK-20 cartridge kit.

Thanks,

Jim Millington

El Dorado Hills, CA

jmillington@computer.org

916-390-3092

AK-20 Cartridge Specifications:

- Traxxion Cartridge Rod: 12.5mm

- Straightness overall length +/- .002" (1/2 the thickness of a sheet of paper)

- Outer diameter centerless ground to RMA 8, +/- .0005". (1/8 the thickness of a sheet of paper, cannot be measured without micrometers).

- Coated with Mil Spec Type III hardcoat anodize

- Traxxion Body Tube: 20mm

- Inner diameter bored and precision honed to surface RMA 8. (16 after anodize)

- Coated via proprietary fixturing a process to achieve uniform ID Type III hardcoat.

- Honed to +/-.0005" (2-4X the precision of the competition, and cannot be measured without a $1000+ special 12" long precision bore guage. The gauge Traxxion uses is calibrated by a special gauge that - - - measures in MILLIONTHS of an inch.)

- Traxxion Pistons: 7075 T6 Al with Type III hardcoat.

- All related parts are 7075 T6 for highest strength and quality. Traxxion is the only company to use this alloy. It costs 3X what 6061 T6 does.

- All rebound holders and needles are machined from stainless steel for corrosion resistance, and to make them "Customer proof", and are designed to be impossible to jam.

- Shims are made from a highly polished stainless spring material.

- The rebound circuit has a one-way check valve to prevent cross-talk with the compression circuit. Ohlins and KTech do not.

- Traxxion AK-20 has a proprietary FLOATING and SEALED cartridge bearing. It compensates for shaft misalignment when the two halves of the forks are loaded, and seals low speed bleed leaks. No other

company has solved these problems.

- The Traxxion Omni Spring System uses an internally guided primary spring to prevent wear and contamination from spring steel in the oil. (Ohlins went to this system with the RT fork last year).

- All repair and rebuild parts for the AK-20 are readily available and can be shipped SAME DAY if ordered before 3pm.

- The AK-20 does not require you to modify your stock forks in any way, and the kit can be completely removed, and easily retrofitted.

- For a fact, no one makes a tighter toleranced, higher quality material, higher quality finished product than the AK-20. At any price.

image-9733_4AF8B015.jpg

image-DBB0_4AF8B015.jpg

image-86B6_4AF8B015.jpg

image-20A3_4AF8B015.jpg

A couple questions for you, Jim.

Are you able to adjust compression dampening externally?

Can the assembly be shortened by 1/2"?

Can the stroke (wheel travel) be set?

Any idea why TD didn't manufacture the kit with 25mm valving?

Have you ever ridden a BB which utilized this kit?

What rider weight are the springs supplied for?

Thanks...

Hank

This AK-20 kit includes custom fork caps with preload and rebound adjustments.

That answers one question.

I'm curious why would you want them a 1/2" shorter?

They replace the entire stock internal assemblies.

Doesn't answer any of my questions...

And I want to know if they can be shortened because I'm short.

I currently have Penske valving in my forks, which have been shortened internally 1/2".

I have thought about trying TD's kit because I like to experiment, but my requirements are somewhat limiting...

Hank

You asked if rebound can be adjusted, the answer is yes.

No need to get snippy I was trying to understand what shortening a fork emulator cartridge or valving in your case would do for you.

I haven't been snippy in years.

Sorry that you took it that way.

I asked if compression dampening could be adjusted externally, not rebound or preload.

As far as shortening and adjustable length of stroke, as previously mentioned; I'm short and have had a few metal parts added. I feel much more secure when I can flatfoot at stops. As far as the stroke or wheel travel, that is necessary so the fender doesn't hit the intercooler when the forks compress. I happen to have a very unique set of circumstances and requirements. There is an awful lot more involved, but nothing that would add to this sales thread. Having answers to my questions would help me decide if this is something to persue or forget.

Hank

Quoting the listing, per the seller:

"This AK-20 kit includes custom fork caps with preload and rebound adjustments"

IE: The PRELOAD and the REBOUND can be adjusted externally via the custom fork caps.

Please note there is no mention of external COMPRESSION adjustment.

That's why I asked in my first post... :icon_wall:

For me, the devil is in the details...

Hank

I have ridden a bird with these installed in it, mine. I installed this kit when we had a group buy a few years ago and loved it. Much better over stock. Very easy to install.

Cheers

Kinley

What spring rate are the springs?

Thank you

Sorry, forgot to include that info, and I've updated the initial post.

The springs in this AK-20 kit are 1.0 which is the recommended setup for a 185lb rider (like me) and will generally accommodate riders between 175-190lbs.

Traxxion Dynamics really stands behind their products and readily provide parts and service.

If you need different springs, springs are $55 each, and they commonly change a single spring to get incremental overall spring rates,

or can provide 2 different springs to get a more exact setting for a given rider.

Traxxion Dynamics says that the AK-20 kits virtually never wear out (and this AK-20 kit is brand new), but if needed, they will rebuild the cartridges for between $75 to $100.