CBR1100XX.org Forum

Twisted Throttle Windshield

runner

Have any of you tried the MSN ? Twisted Throttle touring windshield?

With sub-freezing temp's approaching I am trying to find a decent shield that diverts wind over my helmet...at least for the winter.

I run an upgraded windshield already...with wind hitting me mid-shield right now. Great for summer...not so great for winter.

thanks

Have any of you tried the MSN ? Twisted Throttle touring windshield?

With sub-freezing temp's approaching I am trying to find a decent shield that diverts wind over my helmet...at least for the winter.

I run an upgraded windshield already...with wind hitting me mid-shield right now. Great for summer...not so great for winter.

thanks

I like to hear it too. I'm 5'10 and I've tried:

-Givi windshield: the wind was hitting me below the helmet made the noise too loud

-MRA Vario with adjustable spoiler: it didn't matter where I adjusted it, the wind hit me about the same place: at the helmet and it was just loud

-Givi with MRA spoiler: I removed the spoiler from the MRA and installed it on the Givi and the wind hit me at the eye level. Still very loud.

I'm still trying to find a solution for a quiet ride :-)

Laminar Lip, touring version was the best I ever did when it comes to windscreens. I'm 6'3" and a bit of a tuck would get me totally in the pocket. I never found anything that would get the air over my helmet while completely upright.

large.jpg

I have the MRA Vario Touring, and love it. I can sit upright until about 95mph. I'm 6'2".

With the MRA Vario Touring windshield and Heli bars, I found that when I stand up with

my head above the windshield, my helmet is a lot more quiet than sitting down, so that

means the windshield was directing the wind right at my helmet.

I have the MRA Vario Touring, and love it. I can sit upright until about 95mph. I'm 6'2".

With the MRA Vario Touring windshield and Heli bars, I found that when I stand up with

my head above the windshield, my helmet is a lot more quiet than sitting down, so that

I found the same thing, the stock screen had less wind noise because you are in clean air.

I could duck below the screen in bad weather and rest on the tank bag.

Best screen for clean air- early model (2000 and earlier) OEM. If I sat up straight my helmet would be in clean air. Combine that with the Laminar for colder weather and you've got the best of both worlds- the Laminar takes about 3 minutes to remove or install.

I ran a '99 screen on my '01, kept the laminar for colder rides. Did a lot of experimentation before I settled on that combo.

Goldwing. :icon_biggrin:

+1 :icon_whistle: even though I'm freezing my ass off this week on the Bird because the Wing has charging issues and damn near metal on metal brakes. Sucks it does ! :icon_snooty:

wow ... when did hobbits start riding birds? :icon_biggrin:

are you shorter than Hobie? :icon_twisted:

+1 on wind noise.

I just picked up one of these of Craigslist and was hoping that it's functionality would offset the ugly Alien head shape, but the wind nose is pretty damn bad. I'm 5'11".

Going to try it for a few more weeks, but if I don't get used to it then it's coming off.

Not my bike BTW, the seller's re-painted '97.

post-20371-1256754549.jpg

post-20371-1256754556.jpg