CBR1100XX.org Forum

Leo Vince pipes and centerstand

The XXorcist

After reading about the 2 bros. slip on's and the center stand got me too thinking.

I will have my Leo slip on's coming this week, I already yanked off my stock pipes. Does the Leo pipes come with another bumper for the centerstand?

I would hate to have to yank my stand off, but I will if I have too. Just get me a rear tire stand to do any adjusting and what not.

Dave

Don't worry - if the new mid pipes don't have a stop for the center stand;

you can purchase a 1/4" thick x 1" wide pc. of steel from Home Depot and weld it on the center stand (across the "y" part) and spray paint black and

you will have your stop.

The whole procedure should take an hour.

The welded strip will rest against the lower dogbone link, will not effect riding/suspension. Possibly you could drill a hole in the center, and place a rubber bumper (found in any hardware store) on it to cushion the plate when comming off the center stand.

Good Luck!

You know I didn't even think about modding the centerstand.. I was too worried about it hitting my new pipes..

I could very easily yank off the stand, and weld a tab on it....

:roll: forgot I use to do all the welding at work last yr....

I need to get out of the office more. :cool:

DAve

Hi XXorcist ,since i had recently mounted a pair of titanium Leo Vince on my 02' xx i can say that you dont have to worry about the centerstand `cause in fact it has a rubber top to prevent hit the cans, you can reposition that rubber top, simply turning the left pipe to the right or left also (it gives you high-lo clearance) Ihad to say that the sound is simply.............awesome ...you note a significative weight loss too and they looks great,very well made and detailed.

Hopes this can help

chris.

:grin: Thank you for the reply, I was hoping they had a stop on them.... I kept forgetting to ask my buddy who sold them too me..

He was kind enough to tell me too look around the net at Leo's...

I should have them tomorrow morning.... he gave me an great price... $515 to my door...

I can't wait to put them on.... have been dying for 2 months. they had too make them for me, Hope too be some good quality Italian made pipes...

Dave